BECU Opening Statement:
How would you like to be part of an organization where member values and company values are one and the same? Whose culture encourages and expects employees to advocate for our members -- which has made us the most trusted and respected financial institution throughout the communities we serve and support. That’s BECU—where we put Members First.
We’re looking for dynamic, passionate, engaged employees who value doing what’s right to serve our members – and take pride in knowing that our success depends on everyone who comes to work with us each day.
BECU is one of the nation’s leading credit unions, serving our Members for over 80 years. We know our people are what make us special, and we seek to employ those who want to make a difference. If that’s you, then read on…
The Credit Risk Infrastructure Data Steward participates in the development and implementation of the data governance program, leveraging system and business process knowledge to ensure data consistency, uniformity and accuracy across areas of responsibility. This role assists with implementing data governance by identifying issues in the governance of data, participating in problem definition, root cause analysis and development of recommendations. The Steward maintains functional knowledge of business areas within the role’s scope works and with functional business owners, the Data Governance Office and IT staff to understand data management processes and data quality procedures to ensure data integrity.
In this job, you will:• Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
• Sets policy, standards and best practices for data quality/ metrics /thresholds within the role’s scope (Lending, supporting Credit Risk, Underwriting, Indirect Lending, Consumer Loan Production and Servicing) as well as supporting enterprise-wide Data Governance program.
• Defines and monitors data quality rules and business rules for data cleansing, including establishing thresholds for missing values and cross-validating data elements, etc.
• Leverages Data Governance and Data Quality tools to define data benchmarks and metric collection, capture and manage functional area data documentation, and work within the enterprise Data Governance framework to manage enterprise data.
• Reports and escalates data governance metrics to the Data Governance Office, Data Owner and Data Governance Council or other governance/senior management entities
• Executes data governance projects, including remediation of issues through problem definition, root cause analysis and opportunity and solution recommendations.
• Ensures data governance elements are appropriately considered and addressed as business initiatives are coordinated and planned with Information Technology.
• Defines and standardizes business glossaries for functional areas, application glossaries for source systems, business rules, business usage of critical data elements, attributes, metadata, lists of values and reference data through working with functional area owners, data custodians and the Data Governance Office.
• Defines data requirements to move the data from sources all the way through consumption and capturing metadata data throughout the data lineage; develops related change management processes.
• Organizes individuals necessary for data governance activities across functional areas.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications:• Bachelor’s degree in MIS, business, statistics, or related discipline required, or equivalent work or education-related experience. Advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of direct experience in reporting and analytics within financial services or similar role required; 7 years or more preferred.
• Minimum 4 years of experience using SQL and SAS required.
• Minimum 2 years of experience with SQL Server Mgmt Studio, Toad and Sagent BI preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of conceptual data modeling experience preferred.
• Experience leading project teams preferred.
• Strong familiarity with lending products and related business and data management processes that impact effective management of lending portfolios required.
• Strong analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills with a proven track record in gathering and documenting comprehensive business requirements required.
• Demonstrated experience documenting business workflows, change management procedures and data quality processes required.
• Experience linking business processes to data capture and subsequent data flows through back end platforms required.
• Ability to synthesize data quality issues to senior management and develop recommendations for remediation required.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate in the English language required.
• Full time hours required with additional hours as necessary.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
OF TECH TALENT