The Data Governance Office (DGO) Master Data Steward will be responsible for executing our data management framework for improving data quality, cleanliness, timeliness, and accessibility across the enterprise.
Together with key stakeholders across the company, the DGO is responsible to create the operating model in building a Center of Excellence focused on standardizing and sharing best practices in data definitions, parameters and management that meets business service level requirements on accuracy and speed. The DGO team will act as the administrator and integrator of all data related to item codes, descriptions, categories, designations, general formatting and other master data entered into master data system. The DGO team will be responsible for the data integrity of operational data across internal and third-party database systems.
- Create and maintain master data attributes for customers, suppliers, parts, solutions, and items.
- Work as part of the Master Data Governance team to recommended changes to improve process efficiencies, ensuring timely and professionally communication to users, management, and senior leadership with repetitive issues
- Interface with cross-functional teams to validate adherence to master data policies and correct non-adherence where appropriate
- Perform validation and corrections via audit reports to ensure standardization daily
- Application of best business practices for mass data updates as appropriate
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) in the DGO operations
- Develop standard procedures, user guides and other necessary training and job aid materials, along with provide training as needed
- Utilize analytical skills to identify trends
- Performs other duties as assigned based on business needs.
- Becomes a Change Ambassador, promoting and ensuring adoption of new processes or implementations across Black Box.
- Ensure that only approved and valid changes are allowed into a production environment
- Bachelor's Degree in related fields or related experience, preferred
- 3 years relevant experience in data management and analysis or other related fields
- Prefer knowledge of SAP Item Master Data Management
- Experience with computer system validation and validated testing is a plus
- Experience in working with an ERP Master Data Add, Changes, Deletes
- Must be methodical, detail-oriented, and well-organized.
- Demonstrated ability to translate IT service business needs into system and master data requirements.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to interact appropriately in a matrixed environment with all levels of the organization.
- Understanding of the interrelationship and impact of master data on functions/applications.
- Ability to work as part of a team to drive results
- Customer service and process oriented
- Computer Networking
- Information Technology and Services
- Information Technology