About The Yahoo! Developer Network
The Yahoo! Developer Network’s (YDN) mission is to inspire developers and accelerate their innovation. Over 500,000 developers visit YDN ( http://developer.yahoo.com ) every month to socialize, build products and learn new skills. Developers socialize in the YDN Portal and through many global events, such as Open Hack (for all developers), Hack U’s (for universities) and webinars. YDN enables developers to build innovative product experiences using powerful platform APIs, SDKs, and by leveraging its widely used open source software and tools. Developers learn from the vast collection of documentation, support, blogs, forums, and outreach.
Are You Our Dream Candidate?
We’re looking for a talented and creative product marketer who is also a strong, compelling writer who can coral content, and lead strategy without breaking a sweat. You should also be someone who really understands developer outreach. Our developer community, over 500,000 strong, is passionate about technologies. If you are excited about the idea of many people working together to build software that everyone can use, then we’re excited to meet you!
Beyond a philosophy match, we’re interested in finding a strong organizer; someone who can juggle the demands of both product marketing and editorial duties, leading the overall marketing strategy and managing editorial content for YDN. You’ll work alongside developer community managers, outreach managers, and developers building some of the most exciting apps on the web, powered by Yahoo! technologies like BOSS, Geo, Mojito, YQL, YUI and Flickr.
About the Job:
YDN engages with the global developer community through online tools, and our outreach program. As the Product Marketing Manager, you will own the product marketing strategy across all of our efforts, and will create, curate, source and manage content for the YDN site. You would also work closely with the solutions, engineering, product, and PR teams to create and implement a comprehensive 12 month editorial calendar based on monthly solutions based topics. You would ensure that you are aware of current developer trends and addressing those through the YDN site.
- Ownership of the YDN Blog and Editorial Calendar
- Create, curate, source and manage content for the YDN site, email newsletters and any other marketing content necessary
- Own the YDN positioning
- Building solutions for the YDN site
- Competitive analysis to be constantly aware of the competitive landscape
- Marketing of YDN developer events
- Own the strategy for 3rd party content integration with YDN
- Deliver long term strategy for supporting all users of YDN technologies
- Owns the relationships with the product and tech teams
- Work closely with PR and Communications
- Grow the Yahoo! Developer Community though engaging content
- BA/BS degree (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience)
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in marketing for the tech community
- Proven editorial skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for technology
- Excitement about Yahoo’s developer services and APIs
- Willingness to travel and support the worldwide developer community
- Love of stats, measurement and documentation
- Helpful attitude and team mindset
Apply online at: http://bit.ly/Tkj8nj
OF TECH TALENT