Under direction of the Assistant Director, Research and Digital Services (WCMC Library) and the Manager, Core Applications and Associate Director of Design & Development (ITS), serve as a Developer for systems in support of the Samuel J. Wood Library & C.V. Starr Biomedical Information Center. The Web Developer will be responsible for the analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and integration of library applications at WCMC, as well as responsibilities in the operation and maintenance of related systems and applications.
• The Web Developer is responsible for the implementation of library systems for Weill Cornell Medical College. Programs enhancements, bug fixes, and new functionality as necessary towards related projects. Works closely with appropriate Library staff to ensure systems are functioning and to plan enhancements.
• Performs other job related duties as required.
• Performs data analysis relevant to performance of Library systems and programs, including but not limited to access logs, web metrics, and social media usage and other types of data relevant to the library and college at large.
• Creates and maintains data interfaces, web services, and social media integration for new and existing WCMC data sources and applications.
• Works with Database Administrators to ensure optimal integration of developed solutions with backend databases system(s).
• Creates and performs unit and acceptance testing for quality assurance on all newly developed or modified code.
• Maintains projects, code, and assets in the appropriate source repository.
• Works closely with the senior management, project managers, and relevant faculty and staff to maintain a pragmatic and aggressive release plan for all projects.
• Produces and maintains comprehensive, usable software documentation per project, including requirements, design, implementation, deployment, testing and maintenance.
• Keeps abreast of current developments in the field of application development through continuing education, professional reading, participation in conferences, workshops, and professional groups.
Highly Desired Requirements
• Experience working with LDAP, Active Directory, MySQL, and content management systems is desired. Familiarity with XML, RDF, SPARQL and OWL is preferred.
About Weill Cornell Medical College:
Founded in 1898, and affiliated with what is now New York-Presbyterian Hospital since 1927, Weill Cornell Medical College is among the top-ranked clinical and medical research centers in the country. In addition to offering degrees in medicine, Cornell also has Ph.D. programs in biomedical research and education at the Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and with neighboring Rockefeller University and the Sloan-Kettering Institute, has established a joint MD-PhD. program for students to intensify their pursuit of Cornell's triple mission of education, research, and patient care.
Weill Cornell Medical College's educational mission emphasizes the importance of combining a strong foundation in the medical sciences with extensive clinical training in patient care. By promoting a true social commitment, stimulating creativity, and fostering independent thought and study, Weill Cornell Medical College continues to cultivate the best of tomorrow's leaders in the field of medicine.
Weill Cornell Medical College is divided into 24 basic science and patient care departments that focus on the sciences underlying clinical medicine and/or encompass the study, treatment, and prevention of human diseases. In addition to its affiliation with NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical College and the Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences maintain major affiliations with Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, The Rockefeller University, the Hospital for Special Surgery, as well as with the metropolitan-area institutions that constitute NewYork-Presbyterian Healthcare Network. Weill Cornell Medical College and the Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences are accredited by the Liaison Committee for Medical Education of the American Medical Association and the Association of American Medical Colleges.
OF TECH TALENT