Imagine a community of students taking action toward their dreams and living happier lives. In this world, people are so fulfilled they reach out and positively contribute to the lives of others. That’s who we impact, and that’s what we are building . . . Want to be a part of it?
To determine whether you'd be a good fit, ask yourself:
● Would you like to go to work each day knowing that you are using your talent to help others and better the world?
● Are you inspired by the thought of positively impacting tens of thousands of students?
● Are you ready to work in an organization that is rapidly growing and embraces change?
● Would you like to work with people that you respect and can learn from every day?
● Do you desire to work for an organization that cares about your growth, where your own drive and interests help you create your own future?
● Do you live within commuting distance of Hoboken, NJ?
Our guiding question is: “Are we helping the greatest number of people in the greatest possible way?" Are you inspired? Let’s change the world together…
The Web Developer will join a team of 20+ purpose driven staff members in a friendly, focused, fast-paced office environment where we are currently serving over 300 College Chapters and over 200,000 student members. We are in the expansion phase associated with rapid growth.
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, the Web Developer will be responsible for the day-to-day programming, technical support, and special projects for The National Society of Leadership and Success. In addition to having solid PHP programming capabilities and technical background, the successful candidate must have strong organizational and superior communications skills.
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Salary: Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package with 401(k)
Benefits You Get While Working at the Society Include:
● Healthcare Benefits
● 401K with 3% employer contribution
● Working daily with a team of positive people
● Snack area and refrigerator stocked with healthy food
● Opportunities for advancement as we expand into new markets
● Flexibility to work 1 day/week from home if you’re reaching goals
● Feeling good knowing you are using your talents to better the world
● 1.5hr lunch to work out at a five star gym (with most of the cost covered)
● Bonuses up to 13% of salary based on achievement of company-wide metrics
● A company that believes and invests in your personal and professional growth
● Paid vacation days, holidays, PLUS the week between Christmas and New Years
The position’s responsibilities include both programming and technical support. The estimate percentage of time programming is 70% and tech support a smaller amount of time at 30%. This may vary from time to time as needed. More specifics regarding each area are below.
● External Web Site/Systems Development
○ Maintain and write efficient code in PHP5 (OOP)
○ Write efficient MySql queries
○ Hand code HTML/CSS
○ Work directly with team members, across departments, to build web apps from the ground up
○ Ongoing development, maintenance, and updating of The National Society of Leadership and Success external web site (www.societyleadership.org)
○ Onsite hardware and software support for 20+ employees
○ Experience with Windows Server 2003 & 2008
○ Experience with network and I.T. support
○ Partner with employees and implement technical improvements that increase office and operational efficiencies
○ Provide technical support for the production and distribution of marketing material
○ A Bachelor’s degree is required
○ Ability to write efficient MySql queries
○ Ability to hand code HTML/CSS
○ Minimum of 2 years of PHP experience
○ Minimum 2 years experience with Windows Server 2003 & 2008
○ Minimum of 2 years experience with network and I.T. support
○ This position requires exceptional technical, organizational, and communication skills across departments
○ Ability to work independently and to self-direct one’s activities is essential
○ Strong drive and ability to meet or exceed established deadlines and timetables
○ Ability to wear multiple hats and play a key role in company growth and success
○ Experience with the following a plus:
● Experience with SVN
● High traffic web experience
● Amazon Web Services
● Adobe PS/AI/DW
Please check our website at: www.societyleadership.org
OF TECH TALENT
OF TECH TALENT
Create a page showing your professional skills and get recognized!