Are you a creative thinker with a can-do attitude? Do you want to play a key role in the development of a new computing platform – one designed to teach children computational thinking and programming skills in a fun, intuitive and imaginative way? Are you interested in joining a team of all-stars with a history of starting and building successful companies?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, consider joining us at Tynker. We’re looking for fellow innovators who are passionate about preparing kids for the next millennium. Get in on the ground floor of an innovative new company that is changing the way kids learn and leverage technology. Tynker is well-funded by leading educators and top tier Silicon Valley VCs.
- 5+ years experience building web-based user interfaces
- BS/MS in computer science or a related field
- Must have a strong grasp of CS fundamentals and design patterns
- A strong portfolio demonstrating clean and compliant code
- Experience building and maintaining large sites (30+ pages)
- Ability to debug cross-browser/cross-domain issues
- Working knowledge of frameworks such as jQuery, Foundation or Bootstrap
- Good understanding of performance limits of web and mobile browser platforms is a plus
- Fluency in current design practices and basic working knowledge with tools such as Illustrator and Photoshop
- Knowledge of PHP, databases and back-end technologies is a plus
- Able to work under pressure in a timely manner without sacrificing quality
- Game design experience of any kind a plus
OF TECH TALENT