- Lead the overall and feature-level interaction design of our application suite.
- Collaborate across the organization, e.g. with a product manager to ensure harmony between interaction design and feature roadmap, or with field engineers and customers to incorporate user feedback.
- Contribute a strong voice for UI/UX principles to the product definition process, ensuring consistent, intuitive, and delightful user experience across the full application.
- Produce wireframe storyboards and mockups to explore a wide variety of design options including workflows, layouts, and associated widgets.
- Produce final layouts of pages, dialogs, etc., incorporating (or optionally producing) visual themes and related graphics assets.
- Communicate your elegant designs and UX concepts to our software engineers clearly and in detail, and work with them to validate the resulting implementations.
- Stay informed on the latest browser-based UI technologies, and work with software engineers to take advantage of them as appropriate.
- Translate our browser-based UI/UX into an effective tablet version, and (for an appropriate subset) into a phone version.
- Extensive experience defining web-based UX for successful applications. Experience with application types such as B2B SaaS suite or engineering/analysis tools would be ideal.
- Expert abilities in efficient UI prototyping and exploration, able to whip up several options for challenging interactions.
- A portfolio that shows a talent for clean, intuitive application design.
- Excellent taste in visual, layout, and icon design is a must.
- Ability to document and communicate your designs clearly
- Ability to generate graphics assets for a web UI is a strong plus, but not strictly required.
- Ability to write and optimize HTML/CSS code is a strong plus, but not strictly required. Detailed knowledge of what UX is possible through a browser is required.
- Familiarity with issues around translating browser applications to mobile platforms (e.g. tablet) is a plus.
- Knowledge of biomedical or healthcare domain a plus but not required. Most important is the interest to get to know an exciting new constituency of users and build an application that makes their lives better.
- Ability to work both independently and closely with a team, in a fast-moving environment. (Ability to keep things sane when everyone chimes in about UX design is a strong plus!)
Syapse is a Palo Alto-based, venture-backed startup that is building the genomic extension to the electronic medical record by bring sequencing data together with rich metadata about patients, specimens, diseases, and genes. Our platform enables biomedical companies, providers, and payers to use genomics and other patient profiling information to make clinical decisions. Built on a semantic data layer, our web application combines a powerful cloud-based platform for aggregating and structuring biomedical data with intuitive data mining, workflow, and reporting features.
OF TECH TALENT