Are you a creative thinker with a can-do attitude? Do you want to play a key role in the development of a new computing platform – one designed to teach children computational thinking and programming skills in a fun, intuitive and imaginative way? Are you interested in joining a team of all-stars with a history of starting and building successful companies?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, consider joining us at Tynker. We’re looking for fellow innovators who are passionate about preparing kids for the next millennium. Get in on the ground floor of an innovative new company that is changing the way kids learn and leverage technology. Tynker is well-funded by leading educators and top tier Silicon Valley VCs.
User Experience Designer
- At least 3 years experience as a front end coder / prototyper and visual ux designer
- BA, BFA or higher degree in HCI, computer science, design or related studies
- Front-end development skills and a command of interactive web technologies (HTML/CSS, Java Script, Flash, Flex, Ajax) and industry trends and experience designing applications leveraging these trends
- Need to stand out as an exceptional visual thinker with a great sense of aesthetics and a deep understanding of composition, grid, typography, and high fidelity creations
- Proven track record and a passion for designing compelling user interfaces with a fluency in current design practices and expertise with tools such as Illustrator and Photoshop
- Comfort/ passion for working through complex information architectures and abstracting into a powerful UI and obsessed with good user-centered design practices and have an eye for detail
- Able to work under pressure in a timely manner without sacrificing quality
- Ability to negotiate and articulate the "why" of design decisions. You'll need to convince, to disagree confidently, take and give straightforward criticism.
- Strong portfolio with examples of of unique and original designs for web and mobile platforms and the coding of the designs is a must
- Game design experience of any kind a plus
- Experience working with children’s products and services is a plus
- Experience in creation of logos, identity, and corporate branding materials
- Experience with creating visual systems
- Excellent Icon design
- Deep familiarity with iOS, Android, and/or Windows 8 GUI standards
OF TECH TALENT