Communities use Patch every day to make navigating local life easier and more informed. We provide the neighborhood news and information you must know; the best things to do; ways to buy, sell and save money; and a platform to connect and share with your neighbors. And we need your help.
Patch’s product team helps bring innovative and exciting new products to the growing Patch.com network of local sites. Product works side by side with our team of creative and talented engineers to help design and develop technologies that improve our sites--and thus our overall Patch experience, brand and offerings to our customers. We're responsible for guiding new products throughout their entire life-cycle, from research and analysis, to testing and launching, to positioning, promoting and tailoring our solutions to all the local markets where Patch does business.
As the VP of Product Management, you will bring a proven track record of creating successful products that have made a significant impact in terms of scale of audience and/or innovation in the marketplace. Experienced in leading customer research including both usability testing and focus groups, you will also demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of best-in-class product management processes and techniques, as well as the ability to drive significant organizational change and improvement. You combine significant product and technical expertise with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong business and leadership skills, and will bring an infectious enthusiasm for Patch’s unique model, long-term vision and success.
● Identify market opportunities and define Patch product vision and strategy.
● Develop and launch new products and enhance existing ones.
● Manage and mentor a team of Product Managers and designers.
● Engage closely with the engineering and ad operations teams and assume the role of a key member of the Patch Executive management team, helping to take on the businesses’ toughest challenges, determine the best technical and product solutions, and at the same time, outline a reasonable execution schedule.
● Constructively challenge the conventional wisdom or accepted way of doing things, always looking for ways to innovate, and ultimately serves as an advocate and voice for the consumer.
● Establish partnerships as necessary to drive the growth of Patch’s products.
● Bachelor’s degree from an accredited and recognized institution of higher learning is required. Computer Science or other technical/engineering degrees are preferred.
● 10 plus years of experience desired.
● Solid product management experience with a track record of creating innovative and winning Internet or software solutions.
● Strong quantitative and analytical abilities, with deep understanding of the Internet, and online journalism, media and/or advertising space.
● Demonstrated ability to grasp current/future needs of Patch customers and position the business to deliver on them.
● Significant people and organizational management skills. A natural leader and mentor, able to command respect and collaboration at multiple levels, and across diverse stakeholders.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to articulate and evangelize the merits of Patch’s products and business--both internally and externally.
● Highly metrics and results-oriented, with a proven capacity to deliver in a fast-paced and matrixed organization
● Familiarity with an agile development cycle.
OF TECH TALENT