Remember when you got your first soccer trophy? You stared at it, cherished it, and featured it prominently next to your trundle bed, right? But, as the years went by, you realized that trophies that are given out just for participating are lame and, in fact, the reason you do things isn’t for the pursuit of gold colored hunks of plastic at all.
You do things because you want to accomplish things that you can take personal pride in. You want to learn and apply your knowledge to solve problems in innovative ways. You want to help create things that millions of people rely on to achieve success in their own lives, and rave about to their friends and colleagues.
Well if that evolution sounds familiar to you, then you might be the person we’re looking for to lead our Marketing team. So, let’s talk a little bit about our trophy case...
AdRoll is a premier advertising technology startup in downtown San Francisco and was recently named the #1 fastest growing private company in the SF Bay Area, and the #1 fastest growing advertising company in the nation by Inc. Magazine. With over 100 employees, we're increasing revenue 400% per year, have the largest customer base (5,000+) in the retargeting space, are well-funded and profitable.
We believe strongly in team chemistry and have a lot of fun working at a hyper-growth startup in a white-hot industry. With premier investors (Foundation Capital, Accel Partners, Peter Thiel) and a top-tier team from Google, Microsoft, Paypal, NASA, Y Combinator and more, we’re looking for like-minded candidates who think big and want to make a huge impact.
About the Position
We are looking for a proven leader to head up our Marketing department. This person will grow the team that drives AdRoll’s thought leadership and branding, and scale a measurable marketing machine that can be monitored, tweaked and optimized. AdRoll creates powerful marketing tools that help our customers achieve breakout business results. Your job will be to ensure the world knows it.
- Drive thought leadership and solidify AdRoll’s market leadership position
- Shape and drive a content strategy to fill the knowledge vacuum in our space
- Significantly increase and nurture qualified marketing-generated leads for the sales team
- Manage and grow a team to ensure activities are aligned with strategic objectives
- Manage PR strategy and execution to ensure consistent, high-quality placements
- Manage social media, events (like our monthly SoMa Squad Happy Hours), and other community relations
Candidate Requirements and Areas of Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a top university
- 3-5+ years of relevant industry experience: ad tech, ecommerce, SaaS, or similar
- Ability to drive thought leadership
- Proven B2B marketer
- Experience with branding and re-branding
- Data driven customer acquisition and lead gen for SaaS business models
- PR strategy and execution
- Project management and people management
- Inbound/content marketing hacker
- Product marketing
- Collaboration with (inside/outside) sales teams
Ideal Personal Attributes
- Self-motivated with the desire and ability to learn on the fly
- Team player / collaborative operating style
- An innovative mind always willing and able to contribute creative solutions to problems as they arise
- Passion for online technology and the startup environment
- Strong multi-tasker, deadline oriented
- Big sense of humor
- Competitive salary + bonus and equity
- Medical/Dental benefits, paid holidays and PTO
- Over 100+ internal classes per quarter (aka HonorRoll)
- Snacks and beverages, Monday dinners, Wednesday breakfast, Off The Grid across the street
- Close to CalTrain and Bart
- Opportunity to win the coveted Golden Bagel
OF TECH TALENT