Simpli.fi is changing online advertising with its next generation real-time-bidding platform. By harnessing the power of unstructured data, we are making element level marketing a reality and delivering superior performance for both direct response and brand advertisers alike.
We are becoming the DSP/DMP/SSP platform of choice for savvy advertisers looking for a better way to target audiences, and for publishers looking to improve monetization of both their data and their inventory. Our extremely granular targeting capabilities, our API driven platform, and our extensive data network enable us to provide a complete and highly effective solution.
We have a great team that has grown Simpli.fi from our launch in 2010 to profitibality and 8-figure revenues in 2012. We expect continued rapid growth in 2013 and are now seeking an experienced, motivated leader to join our team as our VP-Marketing.
Our VP-Marketing will be an integral part of our senior management team, and will have overall responsibility for Simpli.fi’s corporate and product marketing efforts. This is an excellent opportunity for a senior leader to join a rapidly growing start-up with a strong a strong customer base and product offering at a relatively early stage.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Reporting to the CEO, Simpli.fi’s VP-Marketing will own overall responsibility for defining and executing the company’s marketing strategy and plans, as well as leading our marketing team.
- Conduct ongoing analysis of the competitive marketplace in which Simpli.fi operates, including customers, competitors, partners, and vendors. Understand and interpret marketplace trends and how they impact Simpli.fi’s business.
- Lead development of Simpli.fi’s strategy for corporate positioning.
- Develop plan, budget, and execute corporate marketing and communication efforts.
- Manage Simpli.fi’s web site for maximum contribution to company’s marketing and communication efforts.
- Define and measure metrics to measure performance against corporate marketing plan.
- Conduct ongoing analysis of competitive products, pricing, market trends, client needs, revenue opportunities, and other dynamics that should impact our product strategy.
- Work closely with sales to understand needs of current and prospective clients.
- Conduct segmentation analysis to understand needs and potential of different customer verticals.
- Work with product development to define and prioritize product offerings.
- Develop plan, budget, and execute Simpli.fi’s product marketing efforts.
- Plan and execute marketing programs including display advertising, paid search, search engine optimization, trade shows, company events, and others as necessary to carry out marketing plan.
- Develop and execute all sales collateral including one-sheets, case studies, testimonials, etc.
- Responsible for marketing
- Define and measure metrics to measure customer satisfaction with Simpli.fi’s products and services.
- As a member of Simpli.fi’s senior management team, communicate marketing insights and strategy to the CEO, management team, and and Board.
- Serve a key role in shaping general corporate strategy.
- Engage in business development activities with potential partners as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree - MBA preferred.
- 7-10 years experience proven track record in leading successful marketing efforts in a market closely related to online advertising.
- Demonstrated history of creating impactful marketing programs that drive growth and differentiate a company from its competitors.
- Experience with competitive analysis and product planning.
- Self motivated, goal and metric oriented, and entrepreneurial energy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and a passion for data driven marketing.
- Strategic thinker who is also ready, willing, and able to take a hands-on approach to executing marketing programs.
- Experience in building and managing highly effective teams.
- Excellent track record of building strong relationships throughout organizations, and working closely with sales to meet revenue goals.
- Experience managing outside partners, including SEO, SEM, web site execution, creative designers, etc.
OF TECH TALENT