- Twilio is a simple, pay-as-you-go web service that empowers businesses and developers to build voice and SMS applications.
- Over 75,000 developers use Twilio - including start ups, Fortune 100 companies, and both major political parties.
- We are funded by top tier investors, have a great team and revenues are growing FAST.
- Twilio is disrupting the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us ruffle the suits - we’re just getting started.
About the Job:
We're looking for a UI designer & illustrator with a bend for brand to join the growing design team at Twilio. You'll help expand the website and brand's reach across new products and marketing efforts, as well as get your hands in print design for event collateral as well as TwilioCon, our own annual conference. You'll work with Product, Engineering, and Sales to help concept new products and features. You're part art director, part product marketer, and part propaganda artist.
With your resume, include links to portfolio work you think best represents your aesthetic and instinct for functional design. It doesn't all need to be projects that made a million dollars or even launched. Show us work you're proud of. Also, link to design communities you're involved in (Dribbble, Forrst, etc). And show us some of your inner nerd - include your favorite design-nerd thing. These are a few of ours.
- You will be helping to build the Twilio brand and web experience across all web properties, designing pages to help communicate various parts of the brand and messaging, and design pages which help simplify how users interact with their accounts
- You’ll get to push the brand through other mediums - t-shirts, company shoes, and print marketing collateral like standing banners and conference paraphernalia.
- Juggle multiple projects and stay on top of tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Your turnaround time will be days to weeks for projects and you will keep projects moving quickly through the pipeline.
- Be part of our build and QA process, working with engineers to push products out the door.
- Produce highly creative user-centric designs while balancing input and feedback from multiple departments (marketing, operations, engineering, sales, management, etc).
- 4+ years of experience designing interactive UI and marketing collateral for web companies
- Experience working on a production pipeline, from concept through to engineering handoff: you love shipping beautiful products.
- Experience being the glue between Product and Engineering. You're comfortable translating product ideas into concepts and designs that functionally work.
- Tuned attention to details. You sweat the little things.
- Occasional swag-creation duties
Nice to have:
- An eye for branding. Growing a brand built around an API with no shiny product photos to show off can be a daunting task. You enjoy creating the visual metaphors that make a highly technical product approachable and saucy.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and 401k
- An Amazon Kindle on your first day, and $30/month to spend on books
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Catered lunches a few times a week and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers
- Excellent gear (We ? Apple computers and big monitors!)
- Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
How to apply:
- Want to stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter. Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoyed you/could be better about the platform.
- Please include links to portfolio work and/or design communities that you are involved in (Dribbble, Forrst, etc).
OF TECH TALENT