Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients.
The Enterprise Data Protection Rep is a field sales product specialist role responsible for selling the breadth of the product and services portfolio to a geographic or vertical set of named accounts.
Roles & Responsibilities
- This job represents a balanced sales effort of product and services knowledge and selling skills.
- Grows the territory/account base to attain financial objectives.
- Understands customers’ business and solutions requirements.
- Territory/account management, including account planning and sales forecasting.
- Customarily and regularly engaged with decision makers at client facilities in performing primary duties.
- Leads sales process and utilizes all available resources to manage account.
- Anticipates how market and competitive factors will influence the selling of Dell products and services.
- Long-term vision of business/technology direction for Dell.
- Advises customers/Dell on strategic business and technology plans.
- Recognized internally and externally as a thought leader on the industry, the Dell business model and competitors.
- Effectively exercises power and influences key decisions for the benefit of Dell and the customer.
- Works effectively with functional leaders throughout the organization.
- Guided by business plans and strategy.
- Executes goals and strategy within sales area.
- Contributes to strategic decisions.
- Initiates new or revised sales procedures, programs and initiatives.
- Assesses and determines priorities within sales area.
- Structures and implements sales plans within the context of established strategy.
- Models effective team leadership.
- Sells multiple LOBs and/or high-end services (e.g. managed / professional services).
- Sells primarily enterprise products and managed services with additional sale of computers, printers, peripherals and other hardware. Multiple products and services, primarily enterprise level.
- Sells to large size accounts. Multiple types of customers, larger accounts. Sells to multiple industries.
- Sells to CEO, CIO, CTO, etc. and may sell to purchasing groups or other decision-making authorities (NGO government boards etc.).
- Will typically deal with more than one decision maker.
- Project management skills. Able to provide direction to less senior sales team members. Financial and business acumen are essential.
- Solutions Focus: Expert knowledge of the breadth of offerings.
- Account Complexity: Highly complex and strategic named accounts.
- Customer Interface: Targets, gains access to and manages relationships with C level executives.
- Sales Process Focus: Leads through the entire process and delegate tasks. Identifies opportunities or acts on previously identified opportunities.
- 7+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience, based in Atlanta
- Solid proficiency with Dell servers and storage product portfolio.
- In depth industry knowledge. Overall product line knowledge. Understanding of customer’s decision making process, goals, objectives and strategies.
- Business and financial acumen.
- Assesses potential sales opportunities and develop value propositions.
- Develops product solutions for customers.
- Effective presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to develop long-term strategic and executive level relationships.
- Undergraduate degree and 8-10 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
OF TECH TALENT