Over the next several weeks we expect a significant expansion of our Baton Rouge Software Development Center. Applications are accepted and encouraged from entry-level through seasoned veterans.
Envision, develop and deliver effective business solutions for a diverse set of clients from our Fortune 500 client base. With technology environments that range from traditional through bleeding-edge, our clients offer our technical architects exciting opportunities to design and develop innovative solutions in diverse settings.
- Extensive proven experience in specifying, developing and deploying architectures and infrastructure for software applications in a new media multi-tiered application environment.
- Experience in defining and developing high-volume, horizontally scalable architectures.
- Experience in defining, developing, or integrating search systems, leveraging very large data sets, and a thorough understanding of search tchnologies is required.
- Ability to translate business and feature requirements into technical specifications.
- Experience of communicating complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience evaluating new technologies for their appropriateness to proposed solutions, including assessing their strategic and/or tactical benefit to the product or wider department.
- Interest in open data, web standards and semantic web.
- Working knowledge of linked data principles.
- Demonstrable experience developing software in a SOA paradigm.
- Experience of the following is highly desirable: Java, PHP, scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl) and web technologies ( LAMP, SQL), as well as RESTful web services, XQuery, JMS, memcache, Apache httpd server, Tomcat, Cocoon, Linux, HTTP, mod_perl, MySQL, XSLT.
- In-depth knowledge of large scale database design and optimization.
- A solid understanding of how to work with different text encodings.
- Experience working with structured data formats (e.g. RDF, ATOM, XML).
Keep IT at Home. The mission of Ameritas is to help rebuild United States’ IT leadership while delivering outstanding value to our clients. Our goal is to create jobs and economic opportunities that strengthen the communities we serve through providing our employees with training and viable career paths in attractive and affordable locales.
OF TECH TALENT
OF TECH TALENT
Create a page showing your professional skills and get recognized!