Tech Transfer Marketing Analyst
Cedars-Sinai – Academic Affairs/Research Institute
Los Angeles, CA 90048
The Technology Transfer Office supports the commercialization efforts of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center’s discoveries and technologies. The office seeks research collaborators and licensees to continue the development of Cedars-Sinai's technologies with the goal of developing healthcare products and cures that improve the quality of life for all patients.
Under the supervision of the Director and Marketing Manager, this position will provide support for invention disclosure and marketing activities in the Technology Transfer Office (TTO) at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
• Invention Disclosure Process (35%)
- Internally provide assistance and support to faculty and research staff for submitting invention disclosures to the TTO.
- Interact with faculty and research staff to ensure inventions at the Medical Center are disclosed and processed by the TTO.
- Will be responsible for ensuring completeness of the invention disclosure forms.
- Perform initial analysis and recommendations on the technologies disclosed to the TTO.
- Will work with the Director and Marketing Manager in the assessment of invention disclosures for marketing and commercial potential.
- Participate in regular Seminars and Grant Rounds at the Medical Center to enhance TTO presence and to help identify potential inventions.
• Marketing Technology (45%)
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager to develop and implement general and technology specific marketing strategies.
- Input marketing activities and communication information into Inteum database.
- Will be responsible for writing non-confidential summaries of technologies, posting technologies to TTO website through Inteum database, and for posting technologies to other websites such as iBridge, AUTM, etc.
- Will conduct market research and analysis to identify potential licensing or commercialization partners.
- Will draft letters, prepare technology summary sheets and information packages, including published material, to send to potential licensees to market technologies.
- Perform financial analysis and valuations of early stage technologies.
- Prepare and provide supporting documentation to the Director and Marketing Manager to present and market technologies at National and International meetings.
• Education (10%)
- Will be responsible for organizing education sessions for faculty and research staff.
- Will work with Director and Marketing Manager to identify key topics, prepare flyers, invite speakers and will market educational events to key audience within the Medical Center.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities Job Requirements:
• Master's degree in science with minimum two years of experience in marketing early stage life science technologies or tech-oriented products or services.
• Advance degree and/or prior experience in technology transfer would be preferred.
• General knowledge of business practices related to intellectual property protection and commercialization.
• Successful candidate must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills, have some understanding of the academic medical research enterprise, be able to work with researchers, and be self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects with excellent attention to details.
To apply, please visit our website at: https://www.cedars-sinaimedicalcenter.apply2jobs.com/ and reference Req #14102.
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
OF TECH TALENT