Teaching Fellow: Software Development
Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) is recruiting recent graduates with a passion for teaching and a strong background in software development for a one-year assignment teaching talented university graduates in Accra, Ghana.
On a daily basis, Teaching Fellows support MEST Trainees in developing their entrepreneurial and technological skills. They work in dynamic teams with other Fellows from around the world, which are led by Faculty that have significant software and business experience.
Your Qualifications Should Include:
• Programming proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Java, C++, C#, PHP
• Experience with relational databases and SQL
• Knowledge of object-oriented programming and design
• Interest and/or passion for teaching and technology
• Ability to work in a team, and to deal with ambiguity
• Good verbal and written communication in English; good presentation skills
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field Responsibilities
• We also encourage people with network and system administration experience to apply
• Be part of the faculty and actively participate of the daily training
• Prepare and deliver lectures and labs on technical topics
• Grade and evaluate technical deliverables
• Tutor students one-on-one in programming fundamentals
• Help determine topics and requirements of project assignments
• Research options and assist project teams with technology selections
• Provide technical support on software development tools such as IDE's, source control, bug tracking
What You Gain as a Fellow
• Invaluable work & life experience in an entrepreneurial organization working to make a difference
• Teaching experience; International work experience
• A chance to make a significant impact- transfer knowledge and skills to talented Africans who will set up software companies
• Develop relationships with Africa's future leaders
• US $1,000 Monthly stipend
• Travel, Housing, Meals and Emergency Health Insurance provided by MEST
This is a unique opportunity for you to be part of a team that will develop Africa's future technology generation!
Because of the challenges Teaching Fellows face as they seek to make a significant impact on MEST, and their Trainees, the recruitment process is selective.
Although our program is selective, applicants do not compete against one another for a fixed number of positions. MEST is focused on finding the right fit, and the right team dynamics. We evaluate applicants against the characteristics listed above, and those who demonstrate strong evidence of those characteristics are successful.
Application Deadline: March 11th, 2013
Interview date: End of March or beginning of April 2013
START DATE IN GHANA: August 1st, 2013
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
OF TECH TALENT