AOL Advertising is revolutionizing the way online advertising works. We operate on the cutting edge of media, giving clients a diversity of means to reach the affluent, influential audiences that consume AOL content on a daily basis. AOL is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to work with brands to move their stories forward given our focus on original content, sophisticated distribution models and social marketing approaches. We are creating high impact experiences that engage consumers around preeminent content brands and powerful editorial approaches. We are taking a cross platform approach to programming that enables our experiences to move from one form to the next like our consumers do. Lastly, we are driving conversation inspired by content, driven in no small part by the Huffington Post, which is core to the DNA we have in the social content space.
We are THE global partner of choice for premium publishers, advertisers and agencies seeking to maximize the value of their online brands. How does the Group work together?
o ADTECH – manages and optimizes delivery of display, video, mobile, and rich media campaigns from a single ad management platform.
o Advertising.com – monetizes inventory and optimizes campaigns with the industry’s most advanced technology and premium ad network.
o Advertising.com Sponsored Listings (ASL) – completes text ad monetization services for publishers and advertisers.
o AOL Premium Formats – drives engaging experiences and captives audiences with premium formats.
o AOL Video – monetizes your video content and seamlessly integrates premium video content to partner sites.
Advertising is a results business and these results are easily defined thanks to premium platforms such as AdLearn – the technology at the heart of Advertising.com that processes up to ten billion transactions per day. No other advertising solutions produce the kind of results we attain.
This position is supporting the Advertising.com line of business.
The primary focus for this particular position involves working on a team responsible for the support and maintenance of large data processing systems related to adserving technologies. Some of the technologies used and supported include Hadoop, Membase/Couchbase, MongoDB, Apache, Tomcat, Perl, and Java. Additional responsibilities will extend to maintaining metrics and processes associated with capacity management.
The chosen individual will provide support at the company’s Baltimore, MD headquarters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Act as Technology Operations representative within Aol Advertising’s SDLC, speaking to operational requirements, design considerations, and production impacts for new development efforts. In turn the Operations Engineer owns various tasks within the SDLC, along with the final application products of these efforts and their integration into production.
• Research, design, develop and implement solutions for fault, performance, capacity, and configuration management for applications.
• Mentors Technical Support and Operations Engineering team on technical aspects of supported applications.
• Provide Tier 2 support to issues escalated from Technical Support team. Interface with development teams to resolve Tier 3 ‘in code’ issues. On-call support for escalated off-hours issues.
• Execution and maintenance of internal SLAs developed with business stakeholders.
Required and Preferred Skills:
• Systems Administrator level expertise with Linux operating systems. Experience managing large Linux server fleets highly desired.
• Experience installing and administering software packages
• Preferred: Basic scripting experience to produce solutions and perform troubleshooting.
• Preferred: Grasp of Internet network concepts, protocols and associated services (TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, SCP, DNS).
• Functional experience relational databases and SQL. Candidate must be capable enough in SQL to author data extraction and transformation queries to investigate performance and troubleshooting.
• Functional understanding of application development. Ideal candidate will have some implementation experience in a 3rd or 4th generation language, be capable of understanding and deconstructing program flow, and be conversant with developers on design and implementation options.
• Understanding of SDLC practices, including requirements gathering, design, impact analysis, implementation, testing, deployment, remediation and operation.
• Strong, methodical troubleshooting skills.
• Very strong analytical skills. Candidate will frequently be required to analyze and predict performance capabilities of a given application system.
• Strong communication (both verbal and written) and customer service skills. Ability to exchange information with technical and non-technical individuals in a clear and concise manner.
• Ability to work harmoniously and effectively as part of a team
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline AND
• 3+ years in a technical role involving applications operation and management, preferably in a 24-7-365 production environment.
• Linux experience is a must
OF TECH TALENT