Sr. Trading Specialist
Location: New York City (However, The Trade Desk’s other offices may be an option)
Primary: New York City
Secondary: Ventura, CA
Experience: Mid-Senior Level
Functions: Media trading, ad operations, training
Industries: Online Advertising, Internet, Marketing & Advertising
Compensation: Competitive compensation + Commission
Overview: The Trade Desk is an advertising technology platform headquartered in Ventura, CA with offices in New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Boulder, London and Germany. We’re a friendly, cohesive team of software engineers, business development professionals, account managers and media buyers that work with a relaxed intensity.
Our New York City office is in SoHo and growing rapidly. Our office is stocked with free snacks and Starbucks coffee, ping pong, a kegerator, and remote control helicopters, and we love taking clients out for bowling, DJ lessons and karaoke. We take pride in our fun, casual culture (Our CEO and our Director of Marketing faced off in a 12-course Iron Chef battle royale at our last holiday party).
What does The Trade Desk do? As the fastest-growing demand-side platform (DSP), media agencies use our technology to buy online advertising more efficiently. Using our platform, agencies all over the world run highly targeted campaigns in display, video, social and mobile. We’re bringing a level of sophistication to online advertising that has only been seen in the financial markets. And we have a rock-solid background in the industry; our CEO, Jeff Green, founded AdECN, the first RTB ad exchange, which sold to Microsoft in 2007.
We’re looking to build out our Trading team with individuals who get excited in developing and executing a client onboarding plan that will make customers successful with our real time buying platform. This entails training and mentoring customers on how to achieve their objectives through real-time bidding with our cutting edge buying platform.
Key Day to Day Responsibilities:
· Become an expert on the use and best practices for the The Trade Desk Platform, and offer insights on how to improve campaign effectiveness through the platform’s functionality. Mentor clients leveraging this expertise.
· Combine data analysis and client feedback to create optimization strategies and provide solutions for complex campaigns to meet client objectives
· Work with Product Management and other cross-functional teams to help define features and enhancements to improve the platform
· Work closely with the Account Manager in developing and executing an onboarding plan that will make customers successful with our real time buying platform.
· Understand and effectively communicate The Trade Desk’s value proposition, technology, processes, and partnerships, as they relate to growth of current client accounts
· Help build the Client Services practice, including developing training material, customer facing assets, and internal resources for trading media through our platform
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 3-5 years of online ad operations experience required; 2+ years of client-facing experience
· Demonstrated thought leadership in digital media analytics and optimization
· Expertise in working with ad exchanges, aggregators, ad servers, and other optimization platforms
· Experience trafficking and optimizing CPA, CPC direct marketing campaigns preferably in an RTB environment
· Solid experience in Excel including pivot tables, chart-making, and manipulation of large data sets
· Outstanding troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a get-it-done now start-up environment
· Proven track record of growing accounts by forging a strong relationship with clients, understanding their objectives and recommending best strategies
· Effective time management skills – ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Absolutely NO PHONE CALLS regarding this position.
Please, no recruiters. Also, we are not seeking contractors. This is a full-time position.
OF TECH TALENT