We are seeking a senior developer/technical lead to join our development team. Ideal candidates’ possess web application development experience, and preferably some experience in Ruby on Rails. This position will involve taking full technical ownership of our retail online products and supporting technology for our retail in-person products.
We're looking for smart people who can learn quickly, love technology, and want to work on innovative web applications. For this position in particular we are also looking for someone who has web application development experience and the ability to provide technical leadership and mentorship. Responsibilities would include primary ownership for software architecture and design for your products, ensuring code correctness and appropriate development of unit tests, and working with product management to estimate development deadlines. Experience in agile software development processes or TDD/BDD would be a big plus.
Revolution Prep is a fast-growing, profitable, privately-held company that is developing innovative technology and instruction with a goal of making education smarter for everyone. Our online courses (try a demo at http://demos.revolutionprep.com/geometry) are being used by both schools and individuals; we are also adding new online features on an ongoing basis to all of our course offerings. We plan to continue expanding our online education platform in both functionality and scale.
Revolution Prep encourages our development team to contribute back to the open source community: take a look at our projects at https://github.com/organizations/RevolutionPrep
- Strong experience in OO architecture and design for web application development
- Expertise with Ruby/Rails is strongly preferred
- Expertise in one or (preferably) more of the following languages: Ruby, Python, or Objective-C
- Experience in acting as a tech lead and in mentoring other developers
- Ability to become proficient in any new programming language or tool quickly and to read and understand other people's code
- Experience with jQuery, MySQL, git
- Experience in optimizing web applications and relational databases for high traffic and performance
- Experience with NoSQL (Cassandra, CouchDB, MongoDB, Redis, etc.; Redis preferred since we are currently using it)
- Open source contributor
Compensation: Salary with Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO)
OF TECH TALENT