|Sr Principal Engineer, Systems in Suffolk, Virginia|
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
4. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
1. 10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
2. Familiar with coordinating and participating in the design and development of a complex, data-centric, distributed software system.
3. Familiarity with Department of Defense modeling and simulation systems would be of high value, as would familiarity with the Joint Live, Virtual and Constructive paradigm.
4. Familiarity with Department of Defense training techniques, especially those employing modeling and simulation, would be of high value. Familiarity with agile development would be of high value.
5. Ability to work as part of a diverse team (military, civil service and contractor; local and distributed) is a necessity.
Strong programming background required:
|Security Clearance Level||Secret|
|Security Clearance Basis||None|
|Security Clearance Polygraph||None|
|Job ID Number||209240|
|Job Function||Information Technology|
|Potential for Deployment||No|
OF TECH TALENT
OF TECH TALENT
Create a page showing your professional skills and get recognized!