Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for Project Manager (PMP) – Enterprise Software Solutions (Nationwide).
Quest Software, an award-winning IT management software provider offering a broad selection of solutions that solve some of the most common and most challenging IT problems, is now an important component of Dell’s Software Group. Quest bolsters Dell’s competitive position in delivering end-to-end IT solutions and is a strong strategic fit with Dell’s software group.
We are currently looking for a talented technical leader to be responsible for the project management of service for Quest Software’s Professional Services engagements in our Windows Server Management space. Quest customers may be located anywhere in North America and the activities/responsibilities of this role will be constructed remotely as well as on site with the customer. Travel is estimated at 40%. This position is assigned to strategic customers with complex technical implementation engagements.
- Responsible for all aspects of the project over the entire lifecycle (initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & controlling, closure).
- Must be familiar with product capabilities and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
- Responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedule to ensure timely completion of project.
- Organizes the project and creates necessary management plans (scope, risk, communication, etc.) as well as work breakdown structure - leads the definition of activities, activity sequencing, duration estimation, resources planning and schedule creation.
- Monitors and reports regularly on progress against contracts, proactively managing risks and issues during project execution to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintains and updates project plans, schedules and other project documentation.
- Works with the project management team to continually improve delivery tools and processes.
- 7 - 10 years of successfully managing and leading projects with a high degree of technical complexity within large enterprise infrastructures.
- Previous experience managing Active Directory / Exchange migrations or implementation of Identity and Access Management solutions
- 3- 5 years of managing project teams of at least 10 full time resources.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft infrastructure.
- PMP Certified.
- EDUCATION B.A./B.S.
- Experience working remotely and leading remote resources.
- Microsoft Project
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
OF TECH TALENT