Quest Software, an award-winning IT management software provider offering a broad selection of solutions that solve some of the most common and most challenging IT problems, is now an important component of Dell’s Software Group. Quest bolsters Dell’s competitive position in delivering end-to-end IT solutions and is a strong strategic fit with Dell’s software group.
We are looking for a Software Quality Control Automation Tester with a genuine enthusiasm for ensuring the quality of our product line, coupled with an enjoyment of being challenged and learning new skills. You should be able to demonstrate these qualities as part of the recruitment process.
- Ability to identify risk areas and make balanced decisions about test scope.
- Develop test strategy, test specifications and test plans, test reports and other necessary QA documentation
- Develop QA software test cases to run on Linux/Windows/Solaris/Mac OS X/AIX/HP-UX
- Execute QA tests, analyze failures, open & follow-up defects and verify fixes.
- Investigate complex issues, analyze and isolate underlying problems.
- Reproduce problems reported by customers.
- Ability to validate the level of test coverage and ensure that it meets or exceeds release criteria
- Configure and setup systems for QA cycles.
- Identify and provision/book test lab resources
- Investigate, propose and implement new QA processes & procedures proactively.
- Review and provide constructive comments to new detailed design and interface specifications;
- Adhere to correct SW engineering processes, including test documentation.
- Embrace learning new technologies and undertaking tasks in unfamiliar areas
- Help the team work efficiently by accepting responsibility for all aspects of a task
- Strong track record of troubleshooting and testing software in search of bugs and errors
- Ability to write, review and carry out test cases
- Proven Script-based test automation experience
- Experience of Scripting Languages
- Confidence in using Windows and UNIX/Linux
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in reading and understanding C source code
- Exposure to Virtualization platforms such as VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Xen and Kernel-based Virtual Machines (KVM) is highly desirable
- Experience in QA of Linux/Windows kernel drivers;
- Experience with networking protocols, particularly TCP/IP;
- Prior experience in backup/recovery product QA is highly desirable.
OF TECH TALENT