The AOL Advertising.com Group is the global partner of choice for leading publishers, advertisers and agencies seeking to maximize the value of their online brands. We have strategically combined the strengths of many premium brands including Advertising.com, Ad.com Sponsored Listings (ASL), ADTECH, The AOL ON Network, Pictela, and the latest - Buysight. Simply put, we offer publishers a one-stop shop for global advertising solutions to help increase yield through a rich and broad set of platforms, formats, and technologies.
- Owns full life cycle development for subsystems within our ads retargeting platform.
- Responsible for server software that handles billions of web transactions a day.
- Works with product management to analyze requirements and gives technical assessment and estimates
- Architects and designs scalable and fault tolerant systems
- Builds, deploys, and supports software systems in various non-production and production environments
- Effectively communicates technical aspects of the job to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Understands how group’s activities fit with other groups and the entire product
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Java development expertise and prior experience working with web applications, RDBMS technologies, Tomcat, Linux
- Experience with 24x7x365 system design and implementation (3-9's SLA or better)
- Experience working with technologies like Solr, Hadoop, and NoSQL solutions like Redis a plus
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment a plus
- Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive, and a track record of delivery
- Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar technical field required and 5+ years of directly related software experience OR
- Master's degree with 3+ years of directly related software experience
OF TECH TALENT