Software Engineer, Staff
|Company||Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.|
|Division||SMS - Health Services|
|Functional Area||IT - Information Technology|
|Location||PA - Malvern|
|Experience Level||Mid Level|
|Required Education||Bachelors Degree|
We are one of the largest global suppliers of healthcare equipment, renowned for innovative products, services and solutions including diagnostic imaging systems, therapy equipment for treatment and electromedicine and IT solutions to optimize workflow and increase efficiency in the healthcare industry.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
We are seeking a Software Engineer, Staff within our CMIO organization.
A senior-level engineer to perform analysis, design, development, and testing of advanced clinical informatics, knowledge systems, and business analytics software. The Software Engineer will work as part of a small and agile team aimed at spearheading early clinical informatics development efforts by establishing early business requirements, service and knowledge oriented architectures with execution of rapid prototypes with minimal supervision.
- Build, analyze, interpret and manage large medical knowledge resources for eventual production quality shared use across multiple development projects.
- Developing extracts and interfaces
- Developing methods to ensure data integrity and reliability
- Research and Prototype creative solutions quickly, and lead others in designing and implementing technical visions.
- Ability to work on multiple prototype projects at the same time
- Effectively, incorporate customer and market insights into system designs by working with Product Management, Product Owners, and Thought Leaders in the Clinical Informatics industry
- Design and document solutions, create technical guidelines, presentations, and Wikis for information dissemination across teams
- Author patents in order to protect Siemens intellectual property
- Stay abreast of industry and technological advancements and trends.
Specific Experience / Technical Competencies:
- 5+ years enterprise development experience preferably in the healthcare industry
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills paramount.
- Quick learner, especially in the areas of technology
- Good understanding of the software development life cycle, architecture, design, software test automation and test-driven development
- SQL, TSQL, BCP and bulk transfer techniques, MS SQL Server
- Knowledge of knowledge management semantic technologies, OWL, RDF preferred
- Experience with interface development and terminology standards (such as HL7, LOINC, SNOMED) preferred
- Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) desired
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Demonstrates significant knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues. Typically, 8-10 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
OF TECH TALENT
OF TECH TALENT
Create a page showing your professional skills and get recognized!