· TE2 Enterprise Data Modeling software engineering effort will focus on the development and maintenance of software tools within the Enterprise Data Modeling tool environment
· Primarily, the TE2 Enterprise Data Modeling software engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining the EDM website architecture and web applications used within the EDM web architecture: EDM Products Tool – used to maintain the data model web pages within the EDM site, Enterprise Data Dictionary (EDD) – a data element dictionary (DED) lookup tool. These tools are currently being developed using a J2EE framework, JAX-RS REST services, with JBoss, Servlets/JSP, JSF, JDBC and XML/XSLT.
· In addition, the TE2 Enterprise Data Modeling software engineer is responsible for learning and understanding the Autogen tool, a key piece of software in the EDM tool environment. The Autogen custom code is used to generate physical schemas or data exchange formats automatically from the Physical Data Models (PDMs) derived from the Enterprise Logical Data Model (ELDM) using our Model Methodology 3 Modeling Language, an ontological specialization of the Unified Modeling Language (UML). Physical schema outputs include XML Schema Documents (XSDs), Data Definition Language (DDL) files, Resource Description Framework Schemas (RDFS), and Google Protocol Buffers. Future supported output formats could include Web Ontology Language (OWL), Apache Avro, and Java POJOs. This work consists primarily of acting as a backup for the engineer providing tool support for the data modeling effort, specifically the creation and maintenance of the Autogen tool. In addition, there are other supporting tools such as Data Element Dictionary (DED) extraction scripts and future transformation efforts.
· As a part of the EDM Team, the TE2 EDM software engineering person will work closely with the TE2 EDM data modelers to understand the Model Methodology 3.0 requirements, specifically the encoding options specified in the PDM to create and maintain the Autogen tool, the Data Element Dictionary (DED) extraction tool, and the EDD tool.
· Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Individual Capabilities Required:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with a minimum of 2-5 years of professional experience as a Software Engineer or Application Programmer on systems that encompass requirements analysis, application design and development, and test and evaluation.
· Minimum TS/SCI Clearance Required
· Java, J2EE, XSLT 2.0 programming, and XPath, JBoss, JDBC/Sybase or Oracle, Servlets/JSP, JSF or similar framework (such as Struts), XML technologies (XSD and XSLT), and Google Protocol Buffer technologies. Knowledge of Resource Description Framework (RDF), SPARQL query language and JQuery. Fundamental concepts of the Cloud architecture.
· Knowledge of Visual Basic Script, Proficiency with PowerDesigner, Stylus Studio or Altova Suite. Familiarity with UML or ERD is a plus.
Individual Capabilities Desired:
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of customers. Must be willing to learn new technologies and maintain and development technical currency and proficiency.
Synergy Intel Group, LLC is a veteran owned small business that was formed in July 2007, bringing together a consortium of professionals with a common goal of helping the Intel Community solve some of their most challenging problems. We provide support to the United States Intelligence Community that ranges from high-end Systems Engineering to in-depth acquisition support, focusing on the highest level of customer satisfaction.
Synergy Intel Group is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.
OF TECH TALENT