Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn’s existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Turn is a leading technology company in the digital advertising industry. We are looking for an Engineer in Test who enjoys fast growth and excitement. You will participate in designing test cases, implement the test cases in end-to-end test environments, and automate and maintain them as the features of our software products evolve. We are a small team and your contribution will directly help in building better quality software that enable continued value-add for the business and our customers.
As a key member of the Test, QA and Tech Support team, fully integrated in the overall development organization, the successful individual will deliver on the following:
- Create new feature test plans – review product requirement documents, design documents, and communicate with product team and developers to build test plans
- Implement test plans – carefully traffic test advertising campaigns that contribute to building a miniature ecosystem of online advertising landscape in test environment. This will help us detect a subtle bug that would affect the ad serving system behavior
- Automate test plans – write automated tests according to Turn’s test automation framework based on TestNG and Selenium to generate controlled ad serving impressions/clicks/actions, statistically analyze the results, and report
- Continuous improvement over test coverage – review bugs reported by clients or client services, and incorporate learned lessons into test plans
- Write up all the progress in documents that will be used as working specifications as well as training materials
- 3-5+ years in software development or in testing
- A hard working, team oriented, bright, creative, cooperative, and an exceptional problem solver
- Able to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into practical test plan
- Proven skills accurate and useful documentation
- Programming experience with Java, C++ or C#
- A degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (BS)
- Experience with Jira (or similar tools) and source control (cvs, subversion, or git)
- Proficiency in unix shell scripts and linux environments
Nice to haves
- Experience with API testing (soapui or a comparable tool)
- Experience with automation tool such as selenium or watir
- Load testing experience using a tool (load runner, etc)
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.
OF TECH TALENT