AOL Women's and Lifestyle Brands
Our group focuses on curating and allowing users to share the best content, products, and services mirrored to real human behavior – what people need to make their digital lives as convenient as possible. We focus on growing our Female Audience and look for people who are passionate about creating products and social networking services for Women such as - Style, Weddings, Food, Fashion, Beauty, Home content and products. We believe that everything we do focuses on making the lives of people better and we also believe that research and testing is really important to the success of anything we do. We are looking for creative people who want to innovate in the space and push the envelope. We believe that experiences should be the same across all screens be it desktop or mobile and we need people who can help us build these out.
What we’re looking for
- A PHP, MySQL rock star.
- A performance freak. Can you feel the milliseconds tick by when a site takes too long to load? Bring that passion here; you’ll fit right in.
- A CSS, JQuery, HTML ninja with an eye for beautiful design and usability.
- Someone that loves to use other peoples hard work. Let’s leverage some APIs.
- Someone proud enough that it’s a personal challenge for all of their code to hit their own high standards even when no one else is looking.
- No prima donnas. Someone with enough humility to be kind and rational with colleagues no matter how wrong they are.
- An agile acrobat. Scrum, Kanban, Jira, Trello, let’s not argue about the specific process and tools, let’s just pick something so we can get stuff done.
- A restless learner. Do you keep a Readability or Read Later queue of the latest tech and techniques to make more awesome? Good.
- Someone who finds themselves firing up the Developer Tools to look at the DOM or request stream for any interesting website. Someone with a bias toward action. Someone who gets antsy if we spend too much time talking about something and don’t just start cutting code so at least we have *something*
- Someone with experience with high volume sites, preferably in environments with multiple data centers and very high traffic.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 2-6 years of directly related experience
Tell us about yourself
We’d like to see as many of these as you have: your github account, twitter handle, portfolio website, your favorites on jsfiddle.comor codepen.io, any CSS you are proud of, resumes, code samples, links to things you've built and descriptions of how you contributed.
At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
OF TECH TALENT