Our search team sees 27M+ Yelp reviews as one giant playground for data mining. When you want cheap delivery thai for dinner, your wish is their code. They know how to decide between log() and sqrt(), SVMs and Naive Bayes, and more RAM or more servers. They eat data for lunch, chew it up, and spit out useful products.
- Minimum BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Math, or related degree
- Endless ideas about how to leverage Yelp's unique data set
- Background in machine learning and/or information retrieval
- Very strong grasp of algorithms and data structures
- Command of your favorite modern programming language: Python, Java, C++, etc.
- Thrive on implementation and scaling horizontally
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment
- Excellent typing ability in the presence of flying nerf darts
- Experience tackling tough data problems in Lucene or Hadoop
- Excitement about the challenges of internationalization
- Battle-worn MySQL knowledge
- Specific interest in search engines, spam detection, recommendation systems, or social networks
- Active contributor to open source software
- Command-line scripting skills
Interested in applying? Sweet! Share with us why you want to work at Yelp and don't forget to mention any technical side projects, open source contributions, and personal websites/blogs.
Apply directly on our careers site: http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?cj=otLbVfw4&s=crunchboard
OF TECH TALENT