About the team:
Our mobile team is lucky. Yelp is the richest source of local data in the world, and they get to build all that content into location-aware mobile apps. They're bringing our 33M+ reviews right to where people are, all around the globe. And while they're at it, they push Yelp's frontier, adding new products that make sense in an emerging mobile world.
- Insistence on a consistent and responsive user experience
- Mastery of iPhone, iPad, and/or Android, technologies (Objective C, Cocoa, Java, iPhone SDK, Android SDK)
- Command of your favorite modern programming language: Python, Ruby, Java, C++, etc.
- Test-driven Development
- Excitement about the challenges of internationalization
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment
- Excellent typing ability in the presence of flying nerf darts
- Experience writing server-side APIs
- Love of Python
- Battle-worn MySQL knowledge
- Active contributor to open source software
- Pointers to mobile apps you've built
Interested in applying? Sweet! Share with us why you want to work at Yelp and don't forget to mention any technical side projects, open source contributions, and personal websites/blogs.
OF TECH TALENT