Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn’s existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Interested in what it’s like to work at Turn? Listen to what our employees have to say at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Turn is expanding its ad serving capabilities into new territories and new channels, and is looking for talented software engineers to join a growing, dedicated team.
We are seeking a software engineer with a sharp mind and knack for writing clean and highly performant application server code to handle 50+ billion daily ad requests. The role will have the engineer interfacing with external technical partners, internal product management, and sales engineering organizations to bring new ad server integrations and new product features to life.
- Implement real-time bidding server-to-server integrations with new partners in new territories
- Build and improve user facing ad serving components
- Help expand product features into new channels (mobile, video, social, etc.)
- Drive architectural, testing, and process improvements
- 5+ years programming Java or similar object-oriented language
- Strong understanding of HTTP and common over the wire formats (JSON, Protocol Buffers, SOAP, etc.)
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Ability to write fast, scalable code
- Detail oriented, meticulous, well organized, and articulate
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Familiarity with VAST, VPAID, and video players
- Database and data-modeling skills
- Understanding of web-based APIs a plus
- Prior experience in advertising industry
About the Team
We are a bunch of geeks at heart. Walking through the office you might hear an argument about NoSQL solutions, discussion about innovations in the latest video game, or debate about the amount of artificial bass boost applied to Beats headphones. The ideal candidate thrives in an environment where pop/geek culture is part of the everyday vernacular.
The company culture is very open and transparent. Monthly company meetings give everyone a clear understanding of strategy and business goals. All of our executive staff is very approachable and open to ideas and suggestions. We find balance by playing hard. We have a game room with a pool table, foosball table, PS3, Wii, virtual racing simulators, beer kegs, bean bags, and more. Team-wide hackathons, catered lunches and dinners, and plenty of outings such as happy hours, go karting, SF bay cruises are all part of the Turn environment.
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.
OF TECH TALENT