About the teams:
Yelp's Search & Data Mining, Ads, and Spam Prevention teams run services that respond to hundreds of requests every second. Each and every query must be lightning fast, 24/7/365. This means our infrastructure needs to be both speedy and reliable. It also needs to make efficient use of resources and be easy to use for relevance/machine learning developers to modify and improve.
Your core responsibility will be helping to define and build that long-term vision of a fast, reliable, efficient, and ductile search infrastructure. So get your infra mojo on and join us!
Things we like:
- Prior experience with production large-scale distributed systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a large amount of independence and responsibility.
- Ability to work closely with information retrieval/machine learning experts on big-data problems. Some interest and familiarity with IR/ML is a plus, but it will not be your primary focus.
- Prior experience with Lucene, ElasticSearch, Hadoop/mrjob, or large data stores (MySQL or NoSQL - we just want the right solution for the situation).
- A hunger for tracking down root causes -- no matter how deep it takes you -- and fixing them in systematic ways.
- We use Java & Python. You don’t need to be an expert, but experience is a plus and we will expect you to learn them on the job.
- Minimum BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Math, or related degree
- A sense of humor and excellent aim with Nerf darts.
OF TECH TALENT