About the team:
It ain't easy running a site with 78M+ users and 30M+ reviews, but we do it with just a few people. This team does it all. They tame MySQL replication one day, implement a brand-new feature the next, and push it all out that night. They love being responsible for whole systems, and they love scaling those systems to the next level. But what really keeps the code flowing? Daily release cycle, baby!
- Build systems that are simple and scale
- Command of your favorite modern programming language: Python, Ruby, Java, Objective-C, C++, etc
- Comprehensive computer-science fundamentals
- Excitement about the challenges of internationalization
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment
- Excellent typing ability in the presence of flying nerf darts
- Love of Python
- Battle-worn MySQL knowledge
- Specific interest in local search or social networks
- Active contributor to open source software
- Command-line scripting skills
Interested in applying? Sweet! Share with us why you want to work at Yelp and don't forget to mention any technical side projects, open source contributions, and personal websites/blogs.
OF TECH TALENT