78 million people visit Yelp every month to connect with local businesses. Thousands of local businesses advertise on Yelp every day to this audience. Your challenge: to improve this experience on both sides by driving our next generation ad targeting and delivery systems. We'll give you access to terabytes of data, a map-reduce cluster, and a team of other brilliant engineers. This is an incredible opportunity to significantly improve the Yelp experience for consumers and advertisers alike. If you're up for the challenge, we want to hear from you.
- Leverage our database of content and site traffic to improve ad targeting
- Design and implement strategy to scale ad systems horizontally
- Handle large data sets efficiently
- Analyze, design and implement targeted relevance algorithms
- Interface closely with infrastructure, operations and product teams
- Minimum BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Math, or related degree
- Very strong grasp of algorithms and data structures
- Command of your favorite modern programming language: Python, Java, C++, etc.
- Thrive on implementation and scaling horizontally
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment
- Experience with R, Mathematica, Matlab, or any other stats package
- Experience with auctions, game theory, and ranking
- Experience tackling tough data problems with Hadoop (or related frameworks)
- Background in machine learning and/or information retrieval
- Enjoy trying to predict CTRs and CPMs.
- Battle-worn MySQL knowledge
- Specific interest in search engines, spam detection, recommendation systems, or social networks
- Active contributor to open source software
- Command-line scripting skills
Interested in applying? Sweet! Share with us why you want to work at Yelp and don't forget to mention any technical side projects, open source contributions, and personal websites/blogs.
OF TECH TALENT