At IXL Learning, we create fun and effective Web-based learning tools. This requires something we refer to in the industry as 'a small matter of programming.' That’s where you come in.
International candidates are encouraged to apply and H1B sponsorships are available. Out-of-state telecommuting options are also available.
- As a Software Engineer at IXL, you will build the back-end wiring, application logic, and UI that drives the site.
- You’ll be involved in all aspects of the development process – including design, coding, testing, debugging, and tuning.
- In addition to working with your fellow engineers, you’ll work directly with other teams to help improve their efficiency and to understand the needs of the customers whom they support.
On the engineering team at IXL Learning, 'clean code' isn’t an abstraction – it’s oxygen! The code we write today may be running in production within hours, in use by teachers and students around the world. Therefore, an essential part of the job is to ask: 'How can I make this code simpler, better, more bulletproof?' You’ll be expected to maintain high standards, to continuously improve your technique, to make recommendations for best practices, and to set an example for the rest of the team. We have two groups of engineers on our team, Applications Engineers and Core Resource Engineers. Our Applications Engineers work on projects creating and supporting all of our products. Our Core Resource Engineers specialize in IXL's content generation code.
- Have a strong grasp of programming principles – both the 'hows' and the 'whys'.
- Preferably be fluent in Java.
- Have a Bachelor’s/Master’s/Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field.
IXL Learning is an educational technology company like no other. We develop dramatically innovative, first-of-their-kind products used by millions of learners, from children to adults. Our IXL product (located at IXL.com) is the world's most popular subscription-based learning site for K-12. Our other products include Quia Web, the original 'create-your-own' website for teachers, and Quia Books, the leading online platform for world-languages courses.
We are hiring for the following positions: Applications Software Engineer, Front-End Software Engineer, Math/Language Arts Software Engineer, Mobile Apps Engineer, Software Engineer – New Grad and Software Engineer – Intern.
OF TECH TALENT