About the Opportunity
- Continuously evolve Wikipedia through the mobile experience
- Work closely with our front and backend engineers
- Continuously evolve our API
- An understanding of the web stack in and out (HTTP, HTML, JS, CSS, etc)
- Excited about working with a self-directed, cross-functional team
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Wondering why you can’t contribute to Wikipedia using your phone
- Demonstrated contributions to open-source software
Show us your stuff! Please provide us with information you feel would be useful to us in gaining a better understanding of your technical your background and accomplishments. Links to GitHub, personal web pages, etc. are exceptionally useful. We especially appreciate pointers to open source projects of which you are particularly proud of.
The Wikimedia Foundation got its start in 2003 and is the non-profit organization that operates Wikipedia. Based in San Francisco, California, we currently employ over 150 staff and contractors globally. The Wikimedia Foundation is committed to creating a world in which every single human being can freely and easily share in the sum of all knowledge. Wikipedia and the other projects operated by the Wikimedia Foundation receive nearly 500 million unique visitors per month, making them the 5th most popular web property worldwide. Wikipedia is available in more than 280 languages, containing more than 24 million articles contributed by a global volunteer community of over 100,000 people. In an effort to continue our mission, we are hiring talented and creative individuals to join the team.
We welcome you to contribute to Wikipedia: http://bit.ly/Imnh
Developers-Join us on the IRC: http://bit.ly/VC07xq
OF TECH TALENT