Join a winning advanced technology research and software development team! CHI Systems, Inc. is expanding its software engineering organization by adding one Junior level and one Intermediate level Software Engineer in our maritime division. This group delivers advanced systems and software to address the growing need for enhanced real-time situational awareness in navigation, command, control, communications and intelligence applications. We are currently seeking motivated, team-oriented, and creative candidates who can excel in a small business/defense environment.
The Junior Software Engineer will be a member of a small remote development team in our Norfolk, Virginia location which is part of a wider engineering team based in Vancouver, BC. There will be an initial period of several months training to be held in the Vancouver, BC office. After returning to Norfolk, daily interaction with the engineering team in Vancouver, BC is expected. This interaction will be augmented on an as-required basis by travel to Vancouver, BC for face-to-face meetings.
In addition to the above, the Intermediate Software Engineer will also provide technical support to the Sales & Marketing Team in the US naval market. This includes providing technology demonstrations to customers, supporting proposal preparation and visiting ship / sites to determine customer requirements.
If you are interested in contributing to the development of cutting edge technology alongside talented and dynamic industry and business professionals, this opportunity is for you.
- Designs, writes code, completes programming, and performs the testing and debugging of applications
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves moderately complex software inadequacies
- Assists in preparation of design reviews to reflect costs, time and alternative actions to satisfy existing and future needs
- Assists in the analysis of systems specifications and in developing and documenting designs that meet requirement standards
- Complies with CHI’s established ISO-9001-compliant development guidelines and standards
- Participates in product design meetings
- Provides input/validation to Technical Writing Department
- May provide support to the Sales & Marketing team through product demonstrations and ship/site visits for tests & trials
- Follows workplace operating and environmental, health and safety procedures and guidelines
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS/COMPETENCIES
- Education: Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering or Engineering Physics and/or relevant experience
- Experience: 2-4 years experience in a software environment for Junior level position; 6-8 years experience required for Intermediate level position; experience in developing real-time interfaces to external systems; experience working in an ISO 9001 compliant software engineering environment would be an asset; experience in the defense, aerospace or government systems domains is an asset
- Skills: Experience in C/C++ development under Windows in areas such as graphics, TCP/IP, GPS, and real-time systems is highly desirable; ability to understand and work with software requirement specifications; theoretical and algorithmic background with experience in mathematical and/or geospatial applications; ability to learn quickly and work well under pressure in a high paced, challenging environment; strong team work skills
- Other: Ability to travel is a requirement; must be a US citizen able to hold a security clearance; knowledge of marine navigation concepts and systems is an asset
- Additional requirements may apply to the Intermediate level position.
What CHI Has to Offer You
CHI Systems Inc. is a pay-for-performance company with policies and programs designed to ensure all employees receive fair and equitable compensation based on performance. Our compensation program is designed to attract, motivate, develop and retain the very best people. CHI Systems also offers a generous benefits program which includes Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, tuition reimbursement, a flexible working schedule and a friendly, collaborative team environment. CHI Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote diversity as a core value within CHI Systems to more fully benefit from the talents and strengths of a diverse organization. At CHI Systems we seek to employ skilled and talented professionals with diverse backgrounds that are reflective of the communities in which we do business.
If you are interested in this position, please e-mail your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. CHI is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/AA.
OF TECH TALENT