We hack on one of the largest websites in the world. We push the limits of what is possible and exceed them. We solve problems of scale that most companies will never have. We hack in teams, doing our own agile development style based on SCRUM. We are driven by data, rather than by hunches. And we do it with a wide array of open source tech including our work horse: Perl. Our large customer base is constantly growing and it is our primary objective to serve them with the best experience we can. This is where you come in.
We need some really sharp people to join us as we continue growing. And you don't even need to know Perl. Any well-seasoned developer will be successful regardless of the target technology. All you need is a capacity and willingness to learn the tech that made us a successful powerhouse (which is easy since we employ an all-star roster of who's who in the Perl community to help you out). And of course, you do need to be able to communicate with the business on their terms to get things done.
Don't live in the Netherlands? Not a problem. We are looking all over the world for the right people. We will help you relocate and arrange a working visa for you and your family.
Come join our international team of hackers here in Amsterdam, Netherlands, and do something awesome.
Need more details? Take a quick look below.
- You design and develop with colleagues next generation, secure, scalable and high performance web based systems
- Lead projects; coach and train new developers
- Collaborate with Team Leaders to schedule your technical priorities
- Become domain experts of our subsystems
- Solve problems and issues
- Act as an intermediary for complaints and problems
- Be awesome and do awesome things
- Pragmatic, independent and pro-active work attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Wide demonstrable experience with Object Oriented Programming
- Experience with relational databases (preferably MySQL)
- Experience with Linux and Server Side Technologies/HTTP
- Minimum 4 years of experience with software development preferably in 1 or more of the following languages: Ruby, Python, PHP, Java/C#, C/C++
- Preferably University level in Math or IT
- Currently living in the Netherlands or prepared to relocate to the Netherlands
Booking.com is one of the world's leading online hotel reservations agencies and dedicated to offering the best rates for all types of accommodation. Established in 1996, www.booking.com is available in 41 languages, includes over 249.000 hotels in 177 countries and employs over 4300 professionals. Booking.com is headquartered in Amsterdam and part of the Priceline.com group of companies (Nasdaq: PCLN).
OF TECH TALENT