Emergent Space Technologies is a leading provider of spacecraft flight software and satellite systems support, and our work environment allows our staff to engage with some of the best engineers in the country and work on some of the most advanced spacecraft, satellite, and automation applications.
Emergent Space Technologies, Inc is committed to assuring applicants and employees are treated
fairly and equally without regard to any characteristic protected by law.
We are looking to hire an experienced Senior Software Systems Engineer to lead a Software Systems Integration Lab. This position will serve as the F6 Facility Lead to architect and oversee the development of the lab for testing and integrating F6 space flight software.
Responsibilities will include branch and release management and configuration management; Coordinating the process of building a release bundle; FDK content management – determining what bugs need fixing, what features to develop, evaluating and accepting proposed changes to the FDK; Design, development and maintenance of components; Test development – building test cases to be run on the S/HIL systems; Release distribution and security – vetting requests for access to the FDK distribution; vetting access requests to the lab systems; ensuring security policies are properly followed; Coordination with Ames F6 team, DARPA F6 Government Team, and F6 Performers.
Background about the project
NASA Ames Research Center (ARC) and the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) Tactical Technology Office (TTO) have established a mutually beneficial technology development activity centered on the DARPA Future, Fast, Flexible, Fractionated, Free-Flying Spacecraft United by Information Exchange (System F6) program.
The goal of the System F6 program is to demonstrate the feasibility and benefits of disaggregated—or fractionated—space architectures, wherein the functionality traditionally co-resident within a single, large, “monolithic” satellite is delivered by a cluster of wirelessly-interconnected modules capable of sharing and utilizing resources found elsewhere in the cluster. Such an architecture enhances the adaptability and survivability of space systems, while shortening development timelines and reducing the barrier-to-entry for broader commercial participation in the national security space industry.
The System F6 Government Team is a small, distributed team of civil servants and support contractors. These team members serve as the subject matter experts, system engineers, and performer overseers for the DARPA System F6 program.
Minimum Requirements (state these clearly in your resume)
- This position requires access to, and use of, ITAR-controlled technology and information. Candidate must be a U.S. citizen
- Masters or PHD in SS Engineering/Computer Science technical field
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in related capacity and subject matter
- Understanding of test frameworks for distributed systems
- Understanding of automated system/software configuration tools
- Understanding of current fault or event injection mechanisms and probe/measurement mechanisms
- Understanding of modeling mechanisms and log analysis for determining test completion, success/failure
- Understanding of the kinds of test specification mechanisms above
- Understanding of s/c test case development
- Experience with designing and implementing simulation/emulation environments for s/c systems test
- Experience with designing and implementing test environment for distributed (networked) systems
- Experience with Space Flight Missions
- Good technical writing and communications skills.
Note: All references and transcripts will be checked.
- Understanding of building domain-specific language tools
- Understanding of Petri net, IO automata, or other methods of specifying concurrent behavior patterns
- Working knowledge of EmuLab
* The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed.
* Emergent Space Technologies, Inc is committed to assuring applicants and employees are treated equally without regard to race, religion, sex, marital status, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
OF TECH TALENT