Taulia is a company of technical and financial entrepreneurs who wish to bring simpler, more effective ways to facilitate commerce between the world's biggest companies and the thousands of suppliers who support them.
PG&E, John Deere, Pfizer, Johnson Controls and even Coca Cola Bottling are among a growing list of companies who have joined the Taulia journey.
Taulia is based in San Francisco, CA, with a European office in Düsseldorf, Germany. We've grown 300% since last year and are looking for the next A-player to join our ranks. Have what it takes? If so, read on.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write code. Elegant, maintainable, reusable code in Groovy and Java using our tools Gradle, Spring, Jersey, Grails and more...
- Do whatever is necessary, at all tiers, to scale our globally deployed solution running in the cloud.
- Lead by example and inspire people to do their best. Improve productivity and protect it.
- Keep things realistic. Solve challenging problems and – more importantly – help avoid them.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- 4+ years of experience working as a contributor in a small, high-velocity professional software engineering team. You care about culture and know how to set the pace while maintaining high quality.
- Experience building software that's successfully deployed in large deployments. You understand how to work within the constraints of large datasets, customers and load without getting frustrated.
- You are always looking for new and better ways to do things, and love automation: continuous integration, automated testing & deployment and TDD are all old hat to you.
- You've built a cloud-based product before and stuck around to scale it as well.
- You are very strong in middle-tier, back-end and database (SQL and noSQL) interactions.
- You work within distributed systems leveraing messaging, MapReduce and other 'data crunching' technologies.
Nice to Have:
- You've used our tools: Groovy, Java, Cassandra, MySQL, Jersey, Spring, Hibernate, ActiveMQ, Grails.
- Experience building Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable or other financial software.
- Experience mentoring other software engineers.
How to Apply:
Applications without cover letters will not be considered. The role requires someone fluent both in "tech-speak" and in English. Write whatever you like, but we'd prefer it if you could explain why you are excited to join a startup, what motivates you and/or about an achievement for which you are particularly proud.
Taulia is a rapidly growing SF-based start-up with fantastic job benefits, tier one investors and an entertaining yet fantastically competent culture. Taulia is an equal opportunity employer seeking only the most driven (and humorous) entrepreneurial minded individuals to join our journey.
OF TECH TALENT