- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree and 10 years of previous experience in Web and Applications Development
- 5-7 years experience in server side web programming languages such as Java, Servlets/JSP, C++
- Experience with Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby
- Scripting language experience (FreeMarker, JSTL) and use of Flash and ActionScript
- Knowledge of XML and XSLT
- Relational database skills (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, etc.)
- Experience with using and developing web services (REST, SOAP, XML-RPC)
- Strong UNIX knowledge including shell scripting, reg ex, basic sys admin knowledge, vi editor
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
- Experienced working with an interdisciplinary team
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Strong teamwork and collaborative skills - Served as technical lead on major application development efforts
- Large-scale system software development experience
- Mobile application development (Android, Blackberry, iPhone)
- Rich Internet Application (RIA) development including HTML 5, AS 3, Flash experience
- Experience with developing and interfacing to Social Media platforms such as Facebook, OpenSocial, and Blog development.
- Mashup development experience such as working with Google Maps
- Experience developing mobile device applications on iPad, iPhone, Android, and Blackberry
- Knowledge of unit testing frameworks (JUnit)
- Experience with Real-time news systems or Digital properties is preferred.
Duties: Turner is seeking a Senior Software Developer to build digital applications and products (on-line, applications, mobile, and content syndication) for our News brands - specifically for CNN.com. The Senior Software Developer position is an exciting position responsible for high-volume rich interactive multimedia web application development and maintenance for Turner's News brands. The right candidate will have a demonstrable track record of developing high quality, innovative applications, products and services for a consumer-oriented company in a fast-paced, agile and team-oriented environment. Experience with mobile applications development will be of value.
- Serves as group mentor and leader on technical efforts, and requires proven knowledge of web and application development standards and technologies to build solutions for our customers
- Leads task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for development and maintenance activities
- Works as project team member to develop web and mobile applications, as well as syndication feeds, and content management development, distribution and consumption. Software development tasks include: coding, testing, debugging, documenting, peer-reviewing, deploying, monitoring, and support. All tasks are performed in accordance with industry best practices and specific internal procedures and standards.
- Collaborates with a cross-functional team of developers, product managers, web masters, user experience designers, and project managers. Assignments are executed both independently and paired with other developers, and all assignments require close communication with management and clients.
- Provides operational support during working hours, acting as the first tier for any urgent application needs or emergencies. This includes occasional weekend and off hours support.
- Spends time learning new skills and staying ahead of industry trends and innovations.
- Able to focus on mundane functions of operational support as well as the rigors of high demand projects
This is an exciting role for a passionate technologist with a can-do attitude. The successful candidate will work with a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Designers, Software Developers and Editors to create the best product experiences. We are looking for someone who is passionate about technology, product development, and who can thrive in a fast-paced news & finance organization. (Code: TBSAMPT)
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers.
OF TECH TALENT