Quest Software, an award-winning IT management software provider offering a broad selection of solutions that solve some of the most common and most challenging IT problems, is now an important component of Dell’s Software Group. Quest bolsters Dell’s competitive position in delivering end-to-end IT solutions and is a strong strategic fit with Dell’s software group.
Quest Software is seeking a systems-oriented Senior Software Developer in its Morrisville development office. If you enjoy server-side programming in multiple languages in a variety of operating systems environments then this is the position for you. You’ll be getting in early on the development of the company’s next-generation of security appliances. This award-winning product line has been deployed world-wide by an amazing list of customers over the last seven years. You will help us make a big impact in the security marketplace as we grow from that foundation and into new markets.
· Design, develop and test software as part of new product development.
· Participate in the review of product requirements, design, code and supporting documentation.
· Help determine the future direction of the development infrastructure, including evolution of the build/continuous integration, continuous deployment and test automation systems.
· Support released products, including assessing and resolving field escalations.
- Technical Requirements:
- At least 7 years’ experience designing and developing software with a major focus on Linux and/or Windows system programming.
- Proficient in a platform-appropriate systems programming language. On Windows, one of: C# or C++. On Linux, one of: C, C++ or Java.
- Significant Experience designing and implementing RESTful web services.
- Ability to script in Perl, Python or Powershell.
- Knowledge of Windows APIs for configuration, monitoring and control is highly desirable.
- Other Attributes:
- Demonstrable track record of achievements in new product development.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Ability to initiate and participate in design/architecture creation and review; the ability to think about problems at a system-level is highly beneficial.
- Ability to initiate evaluation of alternative technologies, tools, and methods.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and to quickly and accurately assess priorities.
A BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field is required.
This position is based in Morrisville, NC. You will report locally to the Sr. Engineering Manager and will work on a team of 12 to 15 developers.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
OF TECH TALENT