- Craving a way to put your business intelligence or data warehouse expertise to use at a company that's truly going to open up new ways of getting to BI that are more efficient, intuitive and effective
- You know you have lots of upward mobility and are seeking a way to continue on a growth path
- A passionate self-starter with a combination of business, product, and technical knowledge who has a proven ability to kick-start new products and see them through to successful product adoption
- Able to evaluate, frame and make compelling recommendations regarding product, allowing our team to make timely, appropriate business strategy decisions regarding our product.
- ·A strong leader who is results driven, detailed, follows through, and has an ability to work effectively at all levels within the organization, customers and partners.
- Confident in your analytical skills, with experience in market research and data-driven decision-making
- Comfortable, and enjoy, working with both technical and non-technical people alike, with communication skills that are second to none. You are an effective and succinct presenter to external audiences.
- Always finding best practices, using internal and external resources, and being a living example of these for the rest of the company.
As the "CEO" of the product, you will use your strategic mindset to guide product development from inception through build and delivery, instilling your passion for the products while interacting with a cross-functional team of engineering, QA, marketing, operations and sales.
You will be one of two early Product Managers at Platfora, managing our universe-shattering BI product as we head towards product GA. You'll use your deep experience in enterprise software products to determine pricing, market analysis, help with product messages, and mind-meld with the sales team to ensure our product is both clearly defined and what our customers need. You will also determine new product opportunities along the way.
Our role has both inbound and outbound responsibilities. On the inbound side you will work with the engineering and operations team to deliver a world-class product. This will require an ability to build strong ties with engineering; they need to trust your reasoning and ideas regarding product development. Outbound responsibilities include meeting with customers, prospects, partners and industry analysts to serve as a domain and product expert.
- Competitive Intelligence – understand competition and industry to build a winning strategy for your products
- Customer Advocate – understands customer needs, pain points, and opportunities
- Program Management – juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines, deliver results
- Be the product champion externally, and passionate voice of the customer internally
- Demonstrable experience bringing a successful enterprise software product to market
- Internship or working experience at a finance, big four consulting or venture capital fund
- Previous experience defining, driving and building a product from scratch
- Experience developing product UI
- Confident public speaker
- Demonstration of strong performance and growth in prior roles and academics
- At least 5 years of product management experience
- Strong organizational skills, excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with data center technology and operations is a big plus (for DW role?)
- Experience with business intelligence and knowledge of our competitive space is a plus (for BI role)
- BS/BA in CS or a related field; MBA strongly preferred
- Startup experience highly desired.
OF TECH TALENT