Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn’s existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Interested in what it’s like to work at Turn? Listen to what our employees have to say at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
You will be a critical member of the Technical Operations team for a fast-growing successful private company in the online data-driven advertising business. This team is responsible for the continuous, successful operation of our company’s core assets – the engine of our business. Our datacenter and production footprint spans the globe with operations in North America, Europe and Asia.
In this role, you will be responsible to build out a new 24x7 NOC team and will oversee the day-to-day management of the NOC. You will develop the strategy, evaluate options (insourcing vs. outsourcing), and manage risk for the hiring, training, and shift management of this team in order to meet and exceed expectations for service delivery to internal and external customers.
You will also be responsible for acquiring / developing the tools and systems necessary for reliable and efficient NOC operation. You will provide both technical and operational leadership for 24x7 NOC technical staff.
Qualifications and Job Dimensions
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive, detail-oriented and process-minded leader, who feels at home developing staffing, training, and operational plans for this important group.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in CS, EE, or related field, with 7+ years experience in hands-on operational role(s), of which 4+ years of related NOC / Service Desk management experience required.
- Solid working knowledge and hands-on experience with Linux platform and application server technology (Apache Tomcat, JBoss, IIS, etc. Tomcat preferred.) Familiarity with programming languages, especially Java, is a plus.
- Experienced in the past building a successful 24x7 NOC / Service Desk team. Familiar with ITILv3 and related processes and IT service delivery frameworks.
- Familiarity and operational experience with; Enterprise/carrier-class routers and switches, and network security features (Juniper preferred).
- Familiarity with Load Balancers and operational experience across multiple vendors; preferably NetScaler.
- Understanding of monitoring and alerting systems, Tier 1/2/3 support and escalation models, and standard NOC documentation.
- Experience with NIDS and HIDS (Intrusion Detection Systems) monitoring solutions a plus.
- Creative problem solving abilities and superb communication skills, both written and verbal are necessary for the successful candidate.
- Team player with excellent internal and external customer service skills and collaborative attitude.
- Ability to adapt in a quickly changing environment and work under stress during incident management is a must. Willing to work flexible hours, sometimes including nights or weekends.
- Provide technical & operational leadership for 24x7 NOC technical staff.
- Make hiring, firing, and review recommendations to senior management.
- Develop training plans for NOC Staff and facilitate cross-training and peer mentoring.
- Participate in the development of policies, standards & procedures for the NOC.
- Ensure approved policies, standards and procedures are followed in the NOC.
- Lead strategic and tactical activities to provide ongoing implementation of best practices.
- Create vision and direction for the NOC while promoting teamwork, fostering team pride and company spirit.
- Operate as any NOC team member; be responsible for assuming the workload and shift requirements for personnel if required to fill in.
- Define, monitor and report the status of our production applications, network backbone, and system infrastructure.
- Oversee and monitor the performance of all Turn systems; ensure systems are performing to SLA and OLA requirements.
- Maintain and improve system monitoring and alerting capabilities.
- Maintain the management and communication of incidents (ITRs) impacting SLAs.
- Maintain, develop and improve reporting capabilities in the NOC; make regular reports to management on compliance with SLA objectives, current events and trends.
- Serve as a central communication point, both to receive reports of security incidents and to disseminate vital information to appropriate entities about the incident.
- Enable the NOC to be part of the core CSIRT (Computer Security Incident Response Team). Monitor systems/network for security breaches and provide level 1 incident response support.
- Develop and deploy communication and escalation plans designed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of incident management.
- Create and maintain operational metrics and provide periodic reporting to management team.
- Provide leadership in Problem Management and Post-Incident write-ups (post-mortems).
- Handle escalations and client requests for information.
- Vendor management responsibilities as required.
Location: Redwood City
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.
OF TECH TALENT