Position: Sr. Interactive Designer
Inveni needs your help to change the way the world decides what to watch on TV.
As you sit there reading this, technology is evolving. The web, smart phones and tablets have had great success. Now is the time to add a new mega channel to the mix, the Interactive TV. With Google TV’s announcement that the majority of new TV’s sold will have their operating system built in and the rumors that Apple TV 2.0 is in development, the TV as we know it is about to change forever. We want you to help us disrupt the $500 billion TV industry.
With change comes opportunity; The Interactive TV unlocks the ability for companies like Inveni to solve problems that have plagued the TV watching experience for years. We now have more things to watch than ever, but good luck finding them with a guide that has barely changed since the dawn of broadcast television. It currently takes users an average of 8-10 minutes to decide what to watch. That is unacceptable!
Inveni has been working in stealth mode building a platform to take advantage of this ENORMOUS opportunity to become one of the next tech giants. We are now able to pulltogether live TV and all the big streaming sources, sort those options according to your preferences, browse them on your TV or your mobile device, and play your choice with one click. R.I.P. TV Guide.
The world is ready for the next generation TV experience and we are perfectly positioned to deliver it. If you have ever wanted to be on the ground floor of one of the hottest technology startups, now is your opportunity.
We are perfectly positioned in a rapidly evolving market, and we need your brains to help us revolutionize the user’s experience. We are looking for a user interface expert to help our team design award winning apps of the future. Your job will be to create pixel perfect visual designs which bring life to our products. To thrive in this position you need to have a passion for designing both visually stunning and functional user interfaces.
· Developing interactive designs for the next generation of movie and TV guides.
· Create clean, elegant, and clutter-free designs with intuitive navigation on a variety of devices.
· Develop multiple stylistic approaches to a problem, accept critique, and iterate on designs.
· Understand Web User Interface and Information Architecture conventions and how they should be incorporated into the product to deliver the best user experience.
· Build interactive design solutions, including creating rapid prototypes and mockups as needed for user testing and product development.
· Create design solutions across a wide range of technologies including: tablets (iPad, Android Tablet), smart phones (iPhone, Android phones), Interactive TV’s (Google TV, Apple’s future iTV/Apple TV 2.0, etc.), web (websites, browser plugins, desktop software), social (Facebook apps, Facebook API, Twitter, etc.) and many more.
· Utilize an exceptional understanding of color, optimizing images, user controls, the capabilities of multiple platforms, and the constraints involved in designing for each.
· Create and maintain design standards across a wide variety of different technology platforms.
· Assist in reevaluating and defining the product’s branding, name, logo, positioning statements, manifesto, personality, voice, tagline and other marketing material.
· Understand the concepts of branding and be able to sustain the brand and a consistent look-and-feel across all deliverables.
· Help build or outsource a wide variety of materials: info graphics, white paper / power point templates, business cards, blog templates, informational videos, etc.
· 2+ years of professional design experience and/or a killer design portfolio
· Portfolio of successful mobile, tablet, and web applications
· Expert in designing simple and intuitive user interfaces
· Ability to create examples through wire frames and mock ups
· Expert in Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
· Experience with branding and logos
· Experience with iOS and Android OS
· Experience with TV apps
· Experience in a fast-paced, start-up environment
· Competitive salary and options
· Full health & dental coverage
· 4 weeks paid vacation
· Fun work environment: Frisbee golf, movie outings, go carts, paint ball, Twins games, etc.
· Endless supply of caffeine or other beverages
· Casual dress code
· Flexible hours
1550 Utica Ave S
St Louis Park, MN 55416
Please submit your resume and portfolio to:
Aaron Weber, Founder
Cell: (952) 846-8145
OF TECH TALENT