App Programmer/Analyst Sr
The Medical School Application and Information Services group is seeking a qualified candidate to assist in the development and maintenance of decision support applications and databases that are used to meet the tripartite missions of education, research and patient care at the Medical School.
You will be part of a development team responsible for design, implementation, testing, documentation and support of systems that use data from a variety of sources. While programs are currently written in PL/SQL, we are looking at new ways of delivering services lighter, faster and better. You will also be working in an environment that uses agile techniques such as scrums, sprints, iterations and pair programming. You will interface with various groups including customers, help desks, technical infrastructure groups and other UM departments. Your duties will include:
- Applying standards, principles, theories, and concepts to analyzing and modeling data in order to promote sharing and management of data assets.
- Design and delivery of data models which power BI initiatives, dashboards, scorecards and reporting.
- Developing and maintaining SQL and PL/SQL used to write programs to extract and manipulate data.
- Developing dashboards and reports based on customer input.
- Using reverse engineering techniques to determine business rules imbedded in existing code.
- Suggesting and implementing best practices on database design, SQL server configuration, and scripting automation to support production, QA, and development SQL environments
We are looking for candidates who are able to work as part of team, resolve technical problems, address assignments with innovative approaches, able to take on new challenges, able to work on complex problems and who are willing to research and learn emerging technologies.
Come join this exciting, dynamic team which is helping to create the future of health care information technology!
- Modeling, programming, testing, documentation, maintenance, dashboards, reports and applications.
- Working with customers to define specifications and gather requirements. Collaborate with various groups (customers, help desk, technical infrastructure, other UM depts).
- Project management and mentoring of others.
- Researching and learning emerging technologies.
- Various administrative tasks.
- Computer Science, Engineering or related field Bachelor degree.
- Five or more years of experience in systems analysis and programming with at least three years of SQL and PL/SQL experience preferably on the Oracle platform.
- Team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple project as needed
- Experience with agile development.
- Experience with development processes and tool, such as eclipse, version control systems, test-driven development and build tools.
- Experience with ETL tools such as Pentaho or Informatica.
- Experience with other database technologies such as RDF, NoSQL and multi-dimensional cubes.
- Experience in the academic or health care industry.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
OF TECH TALENT