Our client provides an affordable on-demand sales compensation solution allowing companies to improve their business performance through the use of more effective sales compensation programs. They enable companies to design, implement, manage, audit and communicate sales compensation programs. By providing more effective plans and better visibility, these companies can dramatically improve sales performance.
With clients that include Akamai, Blackboard, Concur, DHL, DemandTec, eHealth.com, Genius, Informatica, John Hancock, Lexis-Nexis, Linkedin, Motorola, NBC, NTT, Opsource, Paypal, RiverBed, Salesforce.com, Siemens, SuccessFactors, Taleo, Tibco, Walgreen, Workday, Yamaha and Zuora to name a few their solution is being implemented over a vast variety of companies.
Cloud, Multi-Talent SaaS, Portal Framework, No-SQL, Algorithms, Puzzles, Gamification, MVC, Map-Reduce.... if these words excite you.. keep reading.
We are looking for an intellectually curious engineer who likes to look under the hood and be involved in not only solving the problem, but deciding how and what tools to use!
The ideal candidate should not fear solving big problems such as world hunger, green world, and flying cars.
This is a new project and we are looking for an engineer that will be able to make technology choices and implement them, and to lead the effort on this new project.
You will be responsible for technology selection, architecture, design, implementation, deployment and monitoring enablement of this new application. In this position, you will have opportunity to work on predictive modeling algorithms, user management, caching, data exchange using a message bus, resource sharing and data synchronization for an application that will be used by tens to hundreds of thousands of concurrent users. You will also design and build REST APIs that interacts with our big data layer. Over time, you will serve as a key subject matter expert on this application.
Working in a dynamic agile environment, you will collaborate daily with product managers, peer software engineers and architects, technical writers, QA engineers, and datacenter operations engineers.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in server-side web application or platform development and architecture in a Java based open stack environment
- Previous experience and identifiable contributions to a scalable service-oriented architecture
- Very strong skills and experience in application containers such as JBoss and WebLogic
- Development experience in REST based web-services; creation and consumption.
- Strong skills in at least one portal development framework such as JBoss, Liferay, BEA, JetSpeed OpenPortal in a multitenant SaaS environment
- Experience working at Model and Controller level in a classic web application MVC framework
- Demonstrated experience in the use and application of design patterns
- Lead or member of server-side application team
- Strong RDBMS SQL skills
- Team player with excellent communication and organizational skills
PREFERRED TO HAVE:
- Strong algorithm background
- Prior Development experience with force.com platform using Apex, visualforce, etc.
- Skills using frameworks like Django, WordPress Engine
- Production experience with Map-reduce programming, Hadoop and Hive
- Implementation experience with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB or HBase
- Prior use of Atlassian Jira, GreenHopper, and Confluence
- Familiarity and experience with agile (scrum) development process
- Experience working within a distributed engineering team including offshore
- Proven track record of identifying and championing new technologies that enhance the end-user experience,
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics or other relevant technical field
OF TECH TALENT