Interested in building Internet-scale services that your friends and family will consume?
Is music an everyday part of your life like food and water?
Excited about building cutting-edge consumer applications using HTML5/CSS3 for Mobile devices like your iPad or iPhone?
We're moving to the next-generation and building applications that will revolutionize how music is discovered, consumed and played -- worldwide!
Please be advised that we're not a small struggling start-up that is underfunded and bullied by the recording (music) industry. When the market corrects (or busts) we'll definitely be left standing with perhaps one of the largest and most recognized consumer brands in the world next to McDonalds, Google and Coke.
Interested in changing the world?
We are seeking a technical hands-on manager who together with a small team will build out a highly scalable web services supporting consumer music applications.
You will be able to leverage AWS as well as apply distributed computing technologies like Hadoop or Map Reduce.
You will use metrics to continually improve the quality of your service. You will be responsible for hiring your team and managing their roadmap.
You are highly-motivated and thrive in an environment where problems are open-ended. You enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with smart people and letting the best ideas rise to the top. You see your mistakes as learning opportunities and continually look for ways to improve yourself, your team and your products. You understand that not all solutions come easily and don't shy away from hard work to reach your goals.
- 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 2+ years people management experience
- Experience with OOD and object oriented languages
- 5+ Experience with web technologies and server-side Java development
- Demonstrable success in launching projects and delivering results
- Consumer facing web services
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong business and technical vision
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical skills
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in CS, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
OF TECH TALENT