We're starting a local community revolution! Our goal is a "Meetup Everywhere about Most Everything", and we're on our way. We help people "use the internet to get off the internet" because Meetups change lives and can change the world.
We are profitable, growing, and committed to building an all-star, all-NYC company. We are a company that values doers over talkers and mentors over managers. We are a company where people who take risks and win are rewarded and grow.
The strength of our Development Team is the difference between a good product and a product that changes the world. We're in it to change the world and growing the Meetup Team is essential to our success. We invest a lot of time in making sure that prospectives are committed to our mission, have the technical chops to get $#*! done, and are going to make an impact. As a result, we have one of the strongest engineering (+ HR!) teams in New York.
We won’t be a company of thousands...we want to stay small but scalable so we can see the impact that our work has on the world. Our team is smart, ambitious, supportive, and above all, excited by what we do. Right now, there’s a great opportunity for a strong technical recruiter to come in and see the results of their hard work on a near-daily basis.
Who we’re looking for:
- 2 - 5 years experience recruiting in a tech-focused environment.
- You have a strong understanding of web technology and can carry a conversation with an engineer without being intimidated (or sounding like you’re full of it). No worries though - we don’t expect you to be able to code (except maybe a little HTML for job postings).
- A self-starter with an innate curiosity about people. A huge part of recruitment is getting candidates to open up and understanding what motivates them - that comes naturally for you.
- An articulate communicator with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong follow up and flexibility - you won’t miss a beat when you’re juggling four interviews and a last minute cancellation pops up.
- You get excited by what we’re doing at Meetup. The only way you can sell it is if you’re already sold.Someone with previous experience in a startup a strong plus.
- Managing the recruitment process for technical positions. As a candidate’s initial point of contact, you’ll get them excited about what we’re doing at Meetup and see if they might be a fit for the team. You’ll work with managers to schedule interviews, tech assessments and keep the process moving along quickly and smoothly.
- Sourcing candidates. You’ll find new and creative ways to connect with those who aren’t actively looking for a new position.
- Coordinating campus recruitment and job fairs. Meetup has strong relationships in the industry and it’ll be up to you to make sure everything is in order when we attend tech-focused events.
- Job postings. You’ll be responsible for keeping job descriptions up to date and finding new places to post along the way.
- Additional projects and support as needed. At Meetup, we’re willing to experiment and try new things - especially when it comes to recruitment. Have a great idea? You’ll get the opportunity to try it here.
Every member of the Meetup Team is expected to: be an Innovator; be a Collaborator; be a Champion for their ideas; be an Expert; have High Standards; be dedicated to the power of self-organized groups and our mission of A Meetup Everywhere About Most Everything ("MEME"); and most importantly, Get Stuff Done That Makes a Difference!
If you’re interested in joining our team, we’d love to hear from you! Let us know why you love recruitment and what sets you apart from most candidates.
OF TECH TALENT