isocket makes direct ad sales suck less.
isocket builds web apps and the underlying pipes & platforms to make online ad sales easier. 70% of the money in online advertising is still bought and sold by hand, over cocktails, and through email and fax machines. Almost all of the technology and ad companies you've heard of deal with remnant "Class 2" ads - the equivalent of teeth whitening ads you see on the last page of a magazine.
isocket is changing the way premium inventory is bought and sold on a direct basis. Through our partnerships with Google/DFP and other ad servers, we have completely streamlined the process of executing direct sales orders. 1500 premium publishers now use Isocket to help increase their direct sales. And this is why isocket can help buyers source truly premium, Class 1 inventory-- the same inventory that's reserved for the sales team, and ahead of RTB and private exchanges. No other ad tech company can say this.
We've validated a lot about the type of publishers we want to work with, who can be successful with programmatic direct ad sales, etc. But to date isocket hasn't had anyone just focused on finding/closing those publishers or anyone focused on supporting their relationship for the long term.
Our goal is to have every relevant publisher engaged with isocket, particularly name brand publishers. Your goal is to make sure they are happy and succesful once they've joined isocket. You'll work directly with folks ranging from NBC and Disney to Gawker and Mashable.
What we'll look for / what will lead to success in this role...
- Experience as one of our target customer groups - for example, you've worked in ad ops at a publisher, have been in ad sales, or media planning at an agency, etc.
- Highly organized. You will keep all relevant info logged in our CRM system. "It fell through the cracks" is an unacceptable excuse in this role.
- Excellent email and phone precense. You'll be communicating with publishers and need to be clear, concise, and intelligent.
- Understand ad tech basics and how advertising products work. I.E. in order to help a publisher set up their inventory correctly, you'll need to know the difference between a DFA ad tag and a DFP unit/zone tag.
- Take a consultative, relationship based approach when working with your customers.
- Bonus: Pre-existing network within the premium publisher or advertiser community, with a solid reputation.
What we offer you
Working at a growing technology startup is a unique choice, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. It can be very challenging, but comes with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn it. What we bring to the table is just as important as what you bring:
- We know everyone says it, but at isocket you will absolutely make a difference. Our company is a handful of people, and we’ll remain a small but powerful team.
- The room and tools you need to create and succeed.
- The chance to work on truly game-changing products.
- You’re getting in on the ground floor of an already growing project.
- Be a part of the team many consider to already be the best early stage team in the industry.
- You will learn something and grow every day - from deep experience in a growing, VC-backed startup to friends and connections that will last. Learn from some of the best people in the business.
- Competitive or better stock options and benefits, including full health coverage, dental and vision.
This is a full time role in either our Burlingame (near San Francisco) or NYC based offices. Burlingame, CA is our Headquarters and where all product development lies. Located just 30 yards from the Burlingame Caltrain station and downtown Burlingame, it's a perfect location for anyone in the bay area. Free parking on our roof. 30 foot ceilings, great windows and light, etc make for a cool place to work.
New York City is our east coast HQ and primarily focused on sales, marketing, and account management.
isocket is one of the hottest and best funded early stage startups in online ad tech. We're backed by Foundry Group, the firm behind Admeld (programmatic buying for Class 2) sold to Google in 2011, Triggit, Medialets, etc. Other investors include SoftTech, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Quest VP, David Cohen of TechStars, Blumberg Capital, and more!
Our small team of 15 is made up of industry veterans and VIPs from groups like Admeld, Rubicon Project, Google, Yahoo, and more.
OF TECH TALENT