We are the Forge platform development team, based out of Toronto, responsible the application performance monitoring product "Foglight”. We are looking for a new Escalations Engineer, who’s going to make our field-team and product support-group succeed in helping customers and platform-adopters.
The Forge platform team is responsible for the basic components of products Foglight, vFoglight, Foglight for Databases. As part of the team the escalation engineer develops training material and educates support as well as the field. Highly specialized using the same resources as developers he/she helps support cracking difficult service requests, contributes to the serviceability of the product overall and is an evangelist for the product.
- Gains awareness of where issues are coming from - keeps finger on pulse of user requirements. Publishes Beta announcements. Monitors boards and leads issues discussions on boards. Constantly keeps up with new features. Monitors issues coming from Support. Owns feature rating system. Feeds gained knowledge into feature improvements.
- Communicates technical information and status of defects between Support and Development. Troubleshoots, isolates, and reproduces hard to duplicate defects. Handles support cases and escalates when necessary. Follows up on Support Surveys .
- Quality Assurance. Enhances test cases with feedback from our users. Helps QA team during code freeze. Uses QA team as first escalation point. Verifies that urgent bug fixes are going to address customers’ needs.
- Works with Product Management. Visits customer sites. Describes and analyzes problems in writing.
- 1+ years of experience working in the IT field.
- 1+ years experience in a customer support role, preferably supporting external customers.
- Knowledge of Oracle Database management, support or maintenance.
- Knowledge of PL/SQL knowledge.
- Familiar with Toad for Oracle is plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer interface skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Work ethic, outstanding customer service focus, good conflict resolution skills, success driven, flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team resolution environment with multi-discipline matrixed resources.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of work time, to develop relationships with key customers.
Experience equivalent to a 4-year college education with an emphasis in Information Technology.
OF TECH TALENT